Room correction can't be turned off

MrSoul4470

The new room correction feature is turned on by default and can't really be turned off. If you turn it off then EQ is off too. And then after you restart the app, room correction is on again, EQ stays off. Very annoying bugs they introduce with every update recently. I start to wonder if they test their software actually or just count on the community to report bugs.

My advice to the WiiM team: SLOW DOWN!

I agree.
IMHO, there should only be a button labeled RC in the EQ section: when you press it, it should start a wizard (like it is now) with the outcome of a PEQ set labeled "auto" (like it is now) and that's all.

Thanks Bismarck. Absolutely agree. I've just tried the room correction feature for the first time (don't need it since I already use Genelec GLM). All the room correction menu does is create filters for the EQ. What's the sense of the on/off switch? It doesn't turn anything on or off and therefore it should be a sub-menu of EQ (something like "Create room correction filters"). Would make way more sense. The way it is now is just confusing. Especially if you don't use that feature.

I agree.
IMHO, there should only be a button labeled RC in the EQ section: when you press it, it should start a wizard (like it is now) with the outcome of a PEQ set labeled "auto" (like it is now) and that's all.
You're right, that would be more logical. On the other hand, other users would then ask again where to find the RC. You can probably never please everyone.

Same here. Option always says it’s switched on while it isn’t. In reality only good old boring EQ is enabled.

You can delete the "Auto" file. It will then let you turn the Room Correction off. But... next time you start the app the EQ will show off if you turned the PEQ off or you instead selected a different PEQ it will show the RC on and the selected PEQ. Yes it needs to be fixed. (y)

The RC feature is very poor with my Android phone compared to what REW and the UMM-6 mic measure.

The RC feature is very poor with my Android phone compared to what REW and the UMM-6 mic measure.

Do you have a protective case on your phone? I was experimenting this morning and the RC test results are dramatically different with the case on my S22 phone than off. The correction made when the case is on is quite poor while the correction curve when the case is off is a nice improvement over "flat."

Back