ROON and WiiM app

Pcryan5

Do you alternate use randomly between WiiM app and ROON like my wife’s husband does without reason? 😳

Do you alternate use randomly between WiiM app and ROON like my wife’s husband does without reason? 😳
No I don't.

The main reason probably is that I don't have Roon and I don't plan using it prior to my retirement. And don't get me wrong, I did not say that I will after my retirement. ;)

But I think that says something about the WiiM Home App and that's something good, I suppose. It also probably says that your wife's husband is a really fine guy and he should continue to talk to us about his feelings. Greetings to him and his mother-in-law's daughter.

You’re right - its does say something about the WiiM app - its high quality. I talked to my wife’s husband (which concerned my wife) and what he likes a lot about ROON is management of his own content, Having thousands of albums, he finds locating music quickly on his Home Music Server (Western Digital MY CLOUD) is painful compared to ROON. Also the seamless integration of Qubuz playlists to ROON is also appreciated,

what he likes a lot about ROON is management of his own content, Having thousands of albums, he finds locating music quickly on his Home Music Server (Western Digital MY CLOUD) is painful compared to ROON.
I've just taken a Roon trial and I've been really disappointed with this aspect of it.
As far as I can tell Roon only indexes by Album, Artist, Genre and Recently Added/Played, which is what you'd get from a basic server.
Am I missing something?

I use the FOCUS option and TAGS to narrow down my searches. (I got a lifetime membership awhile back at 20% off which made it attractive.)IMG_0571.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0569.jpeg
    IMG_0569.jpeg
    379.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0570.jpeg
    IMG_0570.jpeg
    265.3 KB · Views: 2
Back