Screen customization or options

Robusa

Loving my Ultra so far. Sounds great.

Would be great to have some more options regarding the screen. For example, just increasing the font size of the now playing track/artist/album would go a long way.

Also would love an option to turn the screen off when not in use, or have the time/clock be just on a black background instead of the random photos. Also, what if the screen automatically dimmed a bit when not streaming and just showing the time? The time/photo screen is really bright when not streaming.

Also would love an option to turn the screen off when not in use, or have the time/clock be just on a black background instead of the random photos. Also, what if the screen automatically dimmed a bit when not streaming and just showing the time? The time/photo screen is really bright when not streaming.
Did you notice that you can already turn the screen off when not in use and dim the screen manually or enable auto brightness? As of now, this cannot be done from the WiiM Home app, but from the "Screen" setup on the home page on the device itself.

But you're right, there's room for improvement and I think WiiM are well aware of that.

Did you notice that you can already turn the screen off when not in use and dim the screen manually or enable auto brightness? As of now, this cannot be done from the WiiM Home app, but from the "Screen" setup on the home page on the device itself.

But you're right, there's room for improvement and I think WiiM are well aware of that.
Screen dimming (but not off / to zero) and adaptive brightness can be controlled from the app.
Yes, the always changing clock background 'issue' was raised with wiim many weeks ago.

Screen dimming (but not off / to zero) and adaptive brightness can be controlled from the app.
Yes, you can switch off the display. :) Trust me, I've been asking the stars and some chicken bones about it.

8187-2425e565d7d824f17a99e49c867bf8c5.jpg

Tap the "Screen Display" toggle switch and the display will go black after a couple of seconds.

It will stay that way until you tap the screen again. A couple of seconds after the last touchscreen interaction the screen will shut off, again.

Edit:
Maybe I got your reply wrong. I really just meant to say that screen off is currently unavailable from the app, but the way I said it sounded like none of theses controls were available from the app, which is wrong.

There's a slight difference in behaviour with the dimmer. It's working while you drag your finger on the touchscreen, but only after you lift your finger off the phones display.

Sorry for the confusion caused.

it would be great if the screen could be set to be off all the time except when activated by playing music, then return to off after X minutes of inactivity

it would be great if the screen could be set to be off all the time except when activated by playing music, then return to off after X minutes of inactivity
That's what I would have expected in the first place.

The current solution is better than not being able to switch off the screen at all. But touching it to wake up is really workable for desktop use, only.

Last edited:
It would be great if you could also change the widget/animation for showing volume percentage. For example more in the style of NAIM Uniti Atom or Cambridge Audio Evo?

Well .. the animation is there, it's well readable and I see it only once in a while, not all of the time like clock screen.

If I was WiiM I would stay clear of imitating any other design, potentially leading to copyright controversies. ;)

Well .. the animation is there, it's well readable and I see it only once in a while, not all of the time like clock screen.

If I was WiiM I would stay clear of imitating any other design, potentially leading to copyright controversies. ;)
We all have our own wishes ;) Maybe at least the possibility to change the color of it, that would be nice.

I agree, this is quite limited right now. The choices for idle screens display the time with a slideshow background (distracting, plsno) or a static image clock, but in a goofy cartoon font in multiple colors.
Please, give us an option for a simple black & white clock on standby. The slideshow font & format is wonderful, but put it on a blank black background.

Additionally, and auto-off feature for the screen would be much welcome. I've found there's a way to turn off the screen through the touchscreen, but I haven't found this setting in the app. If there's any chance this could be set to be input-based, that would also be quite welcome. There's no need for a goofy distracting fake EQ when playing content from HDMI ARC or the phono input IMO.

I'm happy with the hardware, and trust the team to make this product go from good to great with time.

I agree, this is quite limited right now. The choices for idle screens display the time with a slideshow background (distracting, plsno) or a static image clock, but in a goofy cartoon font in multiple colors.
Please, give us an option for a simple black & white clock on standby. The slideshow font & format is wonderful, but put it on a blank black background.

Additionally, and auto-off feature for the screen would be much welcome. I've found there's a way to turn off the screen through the touchscreen, but I haven't found this setting in the app. If there's any chance this could be set to be input-based, that would also be quite welcome. There's no need for a goofy distracting fake EQ when playing content from HDMI ARC or the phono input IMO.

I'm happy with the hardware, and trust the team to make this product go from good to great with time.
I assumed that there would be a standby clock display, I have an ultra pre ordered, hopefully there will be a software update to change this.

I assumed that there would be a standby clock display, I have an ultra pre ordered, hopefully there will be a software update to change this.
The clock is displayed in stand-by. But some (including myself) have expressed an interest in disabling this or setting the background of the clock to something unobtrusive that doesn't catch your attention every 60 seconds.

I found a minor bug. When I chose the VU meter it didn’t work initially and I had the default display. But if I changed it to something else and then back again…it worked. Seems it doesn’t know what’s what the first time.

I am going to get arrested when the neighbors call the police. My old setup had no preamp. I went directly from a High end Gustard DAC to my amp via balanced out and when I played demo tracks like Tubular Bells I got distortion and it was difficult to hear the voice announcing each instrument.

But now. No Distortion. Just beautiful music. I also did a room equalization and am slowly going through every album I have and smiling.

I don’t think I’ll sleep tonight.

New setup—> Tidal/Qobuz/JRiver/Roon —> WiiM Ultra —> Amp —> KEF LS50 Meta w/KC62 sub at 80 hz crossover.

Report Edit Delete

Last edited:
The clock is displayed in stand-by. But some (including myself) have expressed an interest in disabling this or setting the background of the clock to something unobtrusive that doesn't catch your attention every 60 seconds.
My room is a guest room every now and then and I can’t figure out how to turn the display off other than unplugging it.

My room is a guest room every now and then and I can’t figure out how to turn the display off other than unplugging it.
You can turn of the screen using the touchscreen. Go to the home screen, tap on "Screen" and press the toggle switch.

The next firmware release together with the upcoming WiiM Home release will allow to switch off the screen when I'm stand-by mode.

Watch out for it.

You can turn of the screen using the touchscreen. Go to the home screen, tap on "Screen" and press the toggle switch.

The next firmware release together with the upcoming WiiM Home release will allow to switch off the screen when I'm stand-by mode.

Watch out for it.
Got it! Thanks.

Agreed, the hardware is a great product, and has surpassed my expectations! As you mentioned the screen when using HDMI Arc just shows a fake spectral analyzer when active (same with the optical input). When you change it inside the app, the screen doesn't change. Look forward to seeing this addressed as for now I have the screen off most of the time.

Last edited:
I found a minor bug. When I chose the VU meter it didn’t work initially and I had the default display. But if I changed it to something else and then back again…it worked. Seems it doesn’t know what’s what the first time.
How many VU meter that you can choose?

Back