Setup Advice - WIIM Pro and two powered speakers

Pcryan5

Major Contributor
Hi - I am looking for some setup advice. I have a WIIM Pro and two powered speaker with Ethernet/optical inputs. Would it make most sense to optical WIIM to speaker 1 and join speaker 2 via Ethernet? Or would I need 2 WIIMs? Thanks very much!

Hi - I am looking for some setup advice. I have a WIIM Pro and two powered speaker with Ethernet/optical inputs. Would it make most sense to optical WIIM to speaker 1 and join speaker 2 via Ethernet? Or would I need 2 WIIMs? Thanks very much!
Do the speakers naturally pair I.e can you link them in their own app over WiFi to be left and right speakers? If so, go for the first option. I’m not sure about using a splitter as then the two speakers would get a stereo signal each. I think two WiiMs, one outputting a left channel and another the right would also work but might be overkill, and grouping in that manner would be limited to 24/48.

Why would you think rj45 from wiim pro to those speakers think it'll work?

Unless the wiim has ability to use crossover network cable and can communicate directly to ethernet capable device?

Just get another wiim or that splitter

Sharing the speaker brand and model would help! (In case it’s a B&O which have Powerlink Ethernet ports which only work with a B&O Powerlink streamer).

From a quick look of its product description, I think the WiiM optical output into one then paired with the other in the Devialet app as a L/R pair is the (only?) way to go

Why would you think rj45 from wiim pro to those speakers think it'll work?

Unless the wiim has ability to use crossover network cable and can communicate directly to ethernet capable device?

Just get another wiim or that splitter
It wouldn’t as the WiiM devices wouldn’t see them until WiiM release DLNA casting which would send the same signal to both and possibly limit the resolution. The optical splitter similarly would send the same stereo signal to both. To fully exploit them as a L/R pair, a single optical cable and paring them in their app would be my first and possibly only choice

Back