Spotify disconnects after pausing

redlegoman

I don't have any trouble finding my WiiM pro in the spotify devices list, and I can connect and play music just fine. My problem comes when I pause playback. After a few minutes, Spotify disconnects from my WiiM Pro (or the WiiM disconnects from Spotify?), and if I resume playback it plays on the local device instead of the WiiM. I have to go back into Spotify and connect to the WiiM again.
This only happens with Spotify. Any ideas? I've tried all the usual reboots and stuff. The only thing I haven't done is try a wired ethernet connection, because that would be a bit of a pain to set up.

I don't have any trouble finding my WiiM pro in the spotify devices list, and I can connect and play music just fine. My problem comes when I pause playback. After a few minutes, Spotify disconnects from my WiiM Pro (or the WiiM disconnects from Spotify?), and if I resume playback it plays on the local device instead of the WiiM. I have to go back into Spotify and connect to the WiiM again.
This only happens with Spotify. Any ideas? I've tried all the usual reboots and stuff. The only thing I haven't done is try a wired ethernet connection, because that would be a bit of a pain to set up.

Lately, I seem to be disconnecting from Spotify connect more often than before.

I don't know if this helps you, but in my case, if I say "Play music on Spotify" while holding down the mic button on the WiiM remote, it automatically reconnects and plays the rest of the music. (I have Alexa's default music set to Amazon music.)

Alternatively, press the preset button where Spotify is registered. In this case, it will play the rest of the list in the preset.

However, if I manually disconnect Spotify connect, these did not work.

Back