Spotify "Supremium"

You said Qobuz doesn't have a cast functionality. It does. When I want gapless I can use LMS

Spotify as a music player is probably the most user-friendly app for me. I've never used Qobuz or Tidal, but Qobuz don't have a casting feature, and I often see Tidal Connect issues on this forum.
Spotify Connect has been there for quite some time and I agree that's it is one of the USPs, even if customers don't really know about it.

Right now I've just been comparing Tidal and Spotify for about 2 months. Right now I would say that Tidal is about on par. The app is juas as user friendly as Spotify and Tidal Connect is about as stable. What Tidal is missing is market share for their connect solution and podcasts. Podcasts. Even more podcasts. Music is not as essential to the young generation as it's been for us old farts. But podcasts are.

Right now, Tidal delivers better quality and better value for me, but not for my entire family.

No need to even mention Qobuz.

Spotify Connect has been there for quite some time and I agree that's it is one of the USPs, even if customers don't really know about it.

Right now I've just been comparing Tidal and Spotify for about 2 months. Right now I would say that Tidal is about on par. The app is juas as user friendly as Spotify and Tidal Connect is about as stable. What Tidal is missing is market share for their connect solution and podcasts. Podcasts. Even more podcasts. Music is not as essential to the young generation as it's been for us old farts. But podcasts are.

Right now, Tidal delivers better quality and better value for me, but not for my entire family.

See I like tidal exactly because it doesn’t try and sell podcasts to me

I've never been interested in podcasts until now. Recently, however, I've been listening to "ESL POD" to learn English. It's sleep learning. 😁

Strictly speaking, it doesn’t have native cast functionality like Spotify Connect, Tidal Connect or Amazon Music AlexaCast. Once they finally release Qobuz Connect, it will.
Chromecast is native to the Qobuz app, it is just not proprietary.

Chromecast is native to the Qobuz app, it is just not proprietary.
Google Cast (which is the current correct name of the protocol) is very much proprietary. It's proprietary to Google.

Qobuz (like everyone else who uses it, except Google) has no control over this protocol. They can use the API or leave it alone.

Google Cast (which is the current correct name of the protocol) is very much proprietary. It's proprietary to Google.

Qobuz (like everyone else who uses it, except Google) has no control over this protocol. They can use the API or leave it alone.
Now you are just being argumentative. Out of here.

Now you are just being argumentative. Out of here.
What are you talking about? You started splitting hairs for no obvious reason (maybe except defending your favourite streaming service lacking it's own casting solutions).

I just had to get the facts (and nothing but facts) straight. No need to be upset.

But isn't it so you don't need Spotify for podcasts?
Or am I wrong?
What I mean you can download a podcast app for instance like podcasts addict and listen to them in that specific app in stead of Spotify.
It's the excellent recommendations that make Spotify strong and those recommendations are important for discovering new content.
In that perspekt you could say you do need Spotify for podcasts..maybe you could say the discovering of new content is essential.

And isn't it the case, the free subscribers get the same recommendations as the paid subscribers?
You often still get adds in podcast even if you are paying.
Maybe they could do more for the paying customers.
I hope they will add high quality music at last ..on the smartphone app that is ,and I hope they can add more functionality if you are a premium customer.
For instance better AI options for discovering new content music,or podcasts.

I also have Tidal. Very pleased with the service i will support them too because in my opinion its a good streaming service.

Last edited:
Don't ask me about podcasts, I don't care.

But there are definitely Spotify "originals", content exclusive to Spotify.

Don't ask me about podcasts, I don't care.

But there are definitely Spotify "originals", content exclusive to Spotify.
The podcasts_ or the excellent recomendations on the podcast side of things_ are important to Spotify you were right on this.
But the free subcribers also get the same functionality and the paying customers get even adds in podcasts..
They arent you,re cup of thee i can understand it but as you rightfully said , they are for Spotify.

Spotify's App is better than Tidal's, if they had a hi-fi tier for the same price as tidal's and the option to hide the podcasts, I would give it another try.

I think you cant go wrong to use them both.. Spotify and Tidal best of both worlds you could say.
If Spotify comes with a hifi tier its good news for us. Again we want it on the android app not the desktop version. Some articles about the subject are talking about the hifi tier in the desktop app.
It keeps both streaming services sharp and competative and we profit from it.
I don,t know if you can hide the podcast..i could be an option for customers who prefer this i can understand where you are coming from.

Lyrics are only for paying subsribers now ,thats what i heard. Give them more exclusive features.. exlusive podcast audiobooks,music, better AI functionality ,better options in the app itself...and at last but not least HIFI music quality.

Make the gap between free or paying subscribers bigger. Or have the confidence to make it a overall service worth paying for. I don,t know if they can make more profit then..but if you build on a good service there could be a moment you can ask money for it.More profit you can improve the service..convince the customers its worth the price.
I think they should,nt be afraid of youtube music..dont know if they are.

Last edited:
There’s no question that user interface is top notch along with connect. What’s lacking it’s sound quality where they think you won’t hear difference since most users are just using cheap earbud and casual listening.

I have both Spotify and Qobuz.
Qobuz is only used when geeking with my stereosystem. For normal music-enjoyment on my stereo or on my way to work with earbuds im always using Spotify. Would be nice to have just Spotify with CD-quality. The rest of the familiy use Spotify so I will in any case have to pay the familiy-subscription.

Back