Spotify "Supremium"

Don't ask me about podcasts, I don't care.

But there are definitely Spotify "originals", content exclusive to Spotify.

Don't ask me about podcasts, I don't care.

But there are definitely Spotify "originals", content exclusive to Spotify.
The podcasts_ or the excellent recomendations on the podcast side of things_ are important to Spotify you were right on this.
But the free subcribers also get the same functionality and the paying customers get even adds in podcasts..
They arent you,re cup of thee i can understand it but as you rightfully said , they are for Spotify.

Spotify's App is better than Tidal's, if they had a hi-fi tier for the same price as tidal's and the option to hide the podcasts, I would give it another try.

I think you cant go wrong to use them both.. Spotify and Tidal best of both worlds you could say.
If Spotify comes with a hifi tier its good news for us. Again we want it on the android app not the desktop version. Some articles about the subject are talking about the hifi tier in the desktop app.
It keeps both streaming services sharp and competative and we profit from it.
I don,t know if you can hide the podcast..i could be an option for customers who prefer this i can understand where you are coming from.

Lyrics are only for paying subsribers now ,thats what i heard. Give them more exclusive features.. exlusive podcast audiobooks,music, better AI functionality ,better options in the app itself...and at last but not least HIFI music quality.

Make the gap between free or paying subscribers bigger. Or have the confidence to make it a overall service worth paying for. I don,t know if they can make more profit then..but if you build on a good service there could be a moment you can ask money for it.More profit you can improve the service..convince the customers its worth the price.
I think they should,nt be afraid of youtube music..dont know if they are.

Last edited:
There’s no question that user interface is top notch along with connect. What’s lacking it’s sound quality where they think you won’t hear difference since most users are just using cheap earbud and casual listening.

I have both Spotify and Qobuz.
Qobuz is only used when geeking with my stereosystem. For normal music-enjoyment on my stereo or on my way to work with earbuds im always using Spotify. Would be nice to have just Spotify with CD-quality. The rest of the familiy use Spotify so I will in any case have to pay the familiy-subscription.

The last, at least for the moment, nonsense from Mr. Ek..
Call me old fashioned or even senile, but all this "ideas" surrounding AI scare me more than it makes me curious. So glad having enough CDs and vinyls for the rest of my days 😉

View attachment 9418
If this happens, I fear for the music industry. Music is art, by humans for humans

Spotify run their business in feature rich not focusing on hardcore audiophiles because audiophiles are minority. This where tidal, qoboz and others come to play without adding extra cost to play high resolution.

Spotify run their business in feature rich not focusing on hardcore audiophiles because audiophiles are minority. This where tidal, qoboz and others come to play without adding extra cost to play high resolution.

If Spotify ever do deliver I'm sure they'll be asking for a higher cost than their competitors so it'll be a direct trade off whether you want to pay more per month just for a better interface.

Really can't help but think they missed the boat on this one but probably as they seem more focused on podcasts etc. as potentially providing more revenew.

I can't knock them as they were market leaders in changing the way we listen to music (apart from the fact artists get bugger all) and easy access to so much we haven't heard before. Now others have stepped in and raised the bar so you have a choice in terms of quality, shame they didn't lead the way with that as they did from the start but if they now offer UHD for £20 a month when others provide it for approx £10/12 pm, I can't see anyone that's left moving back to them.

If Spotify ever do deliver I'm sure they'll be asking for a higher cost than their competitors so it'll be a direct trade off whether you want to pay more per month just for a better interface.

Really can't help but think they missed the boat on this one but probably as they seem more focused on podcasts etc. as potentially providing more revenew.

I can't knock them as they were market leaders in changing the way we listen to music (apart from the fact artists get bugger all) and easy access to so much we haven't heard before. Now others have stepped in and raised the bar so you have a choice in terms of quality, shame they didn't lead the way with that as they did from the start but if they now offer UHD for £20 a month when others provide it for approx £10/12 pm, I can't see anyone that's left moving back to them.
Most if not all don’t like paying extra as their just casual listeners unless those podcast mean alot.

Lets just wait what they will do. Nothing clear yet what were getting for those 5 dollars extra.
They will have to do even more to make the difference between the paying and non paying( spotify with ads) costumers..The price in general is not the issue for me personal, but what will they offer for it.
There could be lots of possibilities..its all speculation for now. We will have to wait( again).

Last edited:
“Think something like $5 above the current premium tier. So it’s probably around a $17 or $18 price point, but sort of a deluxe version of Spotify that has all of the benefits that the normal Spotify version has, but a lot more control, a lot higher quality across the board, and some other things that I’m not ready to talk about just yet.”End quote.

Back