Standby mode

audiobliss

It would be nice if there was a bit more explanation in the app.
Like, enter standby mode in 30 minutes WHY, I know it's not to program my listening session because I have 30 minutes selected and it's still playing for hours.
So what is the purpose of time choices.

Like, enter standby mode in 30 minutes WHY, I know it's not to program my listening session because I have 30 minutes selected and it's still playing for hours.
I believe the standby mode of the WiiM is the same function as the auto standby of a TV or AVR. When nothing is being played (No input signal) and a set amount of time has elapsed, the unit will enter standby mode.

I thought of that sinario, but as I stream mostly internet radio stations, the stream never stops. So I always use the remote button anyway.

I thought of that sinario, but as I stream mostly internet radio stations, the stream never stops. So I always use the remote button anyway.
As you say, standby mode is not necessary when pressing the remote's power button. In my case, standby mode is active because I sometimes pause the music with the volume knob on the device or stop the music with voice control.🙂

If nothing else, it affects the 12 volt trigger function. I have my Ultra connected directly to my power amp (Aiyima A70) which also has a 12 volt trigger. One doesn't want the amp staying on 24/7 when not playing music, nor does one want the amp repeatedly shutting off & on when music has been paused for a short period (answering the phone, for example.) With a 30 minute standby set on the Ultra, the amp will stay on for 30 minutes (or whatever time period has been selected) before finally shutting off.

Surprised @Wiimer didn’t suggest the use of the alarm function as they have before ;)

Set an alarm to play your music and use the duration setting for how long you want it to play, after which it’ll stop.

The drawers in my head are already full, one in, one out. 😂
I know the feeling only too well 🤣

Memory is very strange - some weeks ago, I was talking to a friend about two pubs in Edinburgh that were recommended to me many years ago and I could only remember the name of one, despite me knowing roughly where it was and even looking at google maps to try and remind me. Then at the weekend, they said they were visiting the first one and suddenly out of nowhere, the name of the second one came back to mind even though we weren’t discussing it, and despite the fact it had changed names several times. It’s as if the little memory retriever in my brain had been off toiling for weeks trying to find it then suddenly delivered it when I again mentioned the first one…

@audiobliss the standby timer is an "idle timer" (like a screensaver) rather than the "sleep timer" we often see on TVs. A sleep timer is less common in AVRs and prepros, though not unheard of. It's true that the wording could be improved to say "Enter standby when idle for:" or such.

Back