Stream from Synology NAS

Nickul

I cannot get my Wiim pro App to find my Synology Media server.

The media server is up and running on my network, Windows media player automatically loads all my music on my PC. I can see on the NAS WUI the device list and there are four or so devices connected. My Wiim IP is not one of them.

But when I go to the App ( Android) click "Home Music Share" nadaa nothing, its just endlessly searches and picks nothing up.

I've followed the the Synology help page,

any ideas?

So I've got this working now. Switching on UPnP on my router (draytek 2866ax) and switching off the IGMP snooping off has appeared to spark things into life.
IGMP snooping is still on , on my main switch but I'm unsure whether this is neccesary.
All routers are different, but UPnP in the context of a router usually refers to the Internet Gateway Device Protocol, which you generally want to disable, so I'd disable it and IGMP Snooping and monitor the situation.
If you see any instability with discovery you'll likely have to disable it from your switch too, assuming it's part of the broadcast chain between control point and server/renderer.

Taking it a step further trying to get it to work across my VLANs does not seem to work, having joined them and created firewall rules to only allow the relevant devices through.
Most of WiiMs functionality will work across VLANs if you use mDNS repeaters, but not UPnP discovery.

Can anyone who has got an Ultra test unit confirm that when used with Squeezelite the Ultra screen displays what it should at all times e.g. Local Files, Internet Radio, BBC Sounds etc played via LMS.

Can anyone who has got an Ultra test unit confirm that when used with Squeezelite the Ultra screen displays what it should at all times e.g. Local Files, Internet Radio, BBC Sounds etc played via LMS.
It'll show the artwork, track title and artist (but not album name), resolution etc - basically almost all that shows in the WiiM app now playing screen.

@Brantome Not wishing to labour the point does the cover art always change correctly. On my Pro if I switch from a local album to say BBC Sounds most of the metadata in the app changes but not necessarily the cover art. If that is the same on the Ultra I wouldn't want one.

Yes it does. Can stream to my Yamaha avr and lg oled.

Squeezebox is still better though, as upnp versus native lms, the latter is much better.
Yes I know. I was probably the first to mention it here a long long time ago. I only use the WiiM's in conjunction with LMS. A Mini with UPnPBridge and a Pro with full Squeezelite.
@Brantome was being a bit silly.

@Brantome Not wishing to labour the point does the cover art always change correctly. On my Pro if I switch from a local album to say BBC Sounds most of the metadata in the app changes but not necessarily the cover art. If that is the same on the Ultra I wouldn't want one.
The screen is actually better in that respect than the app - as you say, the app doesn't always change artwork, but the Ultra does. I changed from playing a local track, then Radcliffe & Maconie on catchup on BBC Sounds, then Ricky Ross again on BBC Sounds, and the Ultra has changed artwork each time but the app screen just has the default music icon.

The screen is actually better in that respect than the app - as you say, the app doesn't always change artwork, but the Ultra does. I changed from playing a local track, then Radcliffe & Maconie on catchup on BBC Sounds, then Ricky Ross again on BBC Sounds, and the Ultra has changed artwork each time but the app screen just has the default music icon.
Now that is what I wanted to hear!
There would be no point in having an Ultra only for the screen to be stuck with wrong cover art half the time!

Now that is what I wanted to hear!
There would be no point in having an Ultra only for the screen to be stuck with wrong cover art half the time!
Having said that, have you had any issues of late with Radio Paradise streams - they seem to have stopped updating artwork by track as I'm sure it used to do. Had a quick look on slimdevices but didn't see anything

Having said that, have you had any issues of late with Radio Paradise streams - they seem to have stopped updating artwork by track as I'm sure it used to do. Had a quick look on slimdevices but didn't see anything
No issue with RP that I have seen. They do occasionally have problems their end.

Back