Subwoofer settings

TSHRED

The frequency response of my ADS tower speakers are 44-27,000Hz +/-3dB.

My RSL 10E subwoofer has the ability to bypass it's crossover which I'm doing currently.

It sounds pretty good but I'm wondering if there's something I could be doing a different like utilizing the sub's crossover also?

I'm very much learning how to dial in a sub and about crossovers.

Is there anything I should change or try?

Here's a screenshot of my current settings.Screenshot_20241020_083804_WiiM Home.jpg

The frequency response of my ADS tower speakers are 44-27,000Hz +/-3dB.

My RSL 10E subwoofer has the ability to bypass it's crossover which I'm doing currently.

It sounds pretty good but I'm wondering if there's something I could be doing a different like utilizing the sub's crossover also?

I'm very much learning how to dial in a sub and about crossovers.

Is there anything I should change or try?

Here's a screenshot of my current settings.View attachment 13148
I tried many different crossover starting from 80 then going down. I listened to both rc off and rc on none sound good. So, I look at my speaker frequency response which has 50 to 39khz -3db. I set it to 55 play music and adjust sub volume with just the right amount without over powering or being weak. I then run RC from 20 20k using b&k curve. Rc made various correction where it needed to be. Lastly dial subwoofer and speaker sync so the sound will become seamless. The sub sync did not sound good but speaker sync works well. Until auto timing release you will be doing this manually till it sound good to your ear. Mine set on 40ms speaker. The sound is seemless, wider and deeper soundstage. You will be doing a lot of tweaking and only you decide when it sound good to your ear, your miles may vary.

That's good.

How did you determine the right level setting in the WiiM Home app? It's usually best to leave the sub's volume dial at approx. 50% and do the final level adjustment in WHA. Also, I'd try increasing the crossover frequency to 70 Hz at least. It might work better, it might just not. Go with whatever sounds better to you.

As Smartplug said, try setting different delay settings for the main speakers. Usually it's the subwoofer introducing some delay, so the mains need to be delayed for compensation. Don't be too cautions. Start with 5 ms steps. If you find an ideal value you might try finer steps or just leave it like that.

Back