Support ReplayGain, auto-volume-leveling

Hi gfy,

Thank you for your suggestion! This feature is already on our roadmap, and we’re planning to release it in late October. Stay tuned for updates!

It is also very importan to enable "Album Gain" replay gain option. For all albums one one's library to have same perceived loudness.

EBU R128 is a newer standard than Replay Gain for volume leveling. Hopefully, that is being implemented.

I had assumed this request was to apply the tagged gain rather than calculate it, but I might be wrong.
For my is to apply what is tagged in files and not calculate it. My files are all tagged with this info calculated with foobar2000.

Calculate it will be a superfluous waste of processing power and energy (every time one album is played it has to calculate in the fly)...

Hi gfy,

Thank you for your suggestion! This feature is already on our roadmap, and we’re planning to release it in late October. Stay tuned for updates!
Hopefully this “feature” will not be forced on all users, and that it would be an option to enable it if anyone should want to use it.

I had assumed this request was to apply the tagged gain rather than calculate it, but I might be wrong.
I totally agree that Wiim does not need to calculate them.

Replay Gain and R128 gain are two different values based on two different calculations of loudness. R128 is the newer standard. The values are sometimes stored under the same tag name or sometimes in separate tags. I am just suggesting that R128 should be used or that there is an option to use either the old ReplayGain or the R128 gain. It gets a little messy to support both, but simply using the old ReplayGain standard would leave out the newer method.

I think that is a must. Options should be:
Off
On (track gain)
On (album gain)
Agreed. And track and album gain are a real distention. Track gain should be used in playlists and album gain should be used, well, for albums. Album gain maintains the original relative loudness when playing the full album. Track gain applied to an album destroys the intended loudness of each track. It gets tricky for the software to distinguish between these two, especially when streaming, where the software probably does not know if it is playing a full album or not.

Back