"this song is protected by digital rights"

HappyHighwayman

That's nice but why won't it play? I have an agreement with Apple Music....the songs are off Apple Music, I have a playlist, but it won't play.

(Song on iPhone).

I'm finding the lack of inherent Apple Music compatibility a deal breaker.

Apple Music tracks, online or downloaded, can only be played by the Apple Music app - same for Amazon Music and I suspect the other major players like Tidal, Qobuz, Deezer etc. If they weren’t protected by DRM, then unscrupulous people would copy them and burn CDs to sell at car boot/yard sales. ;)

As for Apple Music availability on other devices, that’s largely down to Apple. Apart from Sonos and I think Tesla (and perhaps one or two other major car manufacturers) who have probably thrown money at Apple, I’m not aware of native apple music support on third party audio gear, so you’ll struggle to find inherent Apple Music compatibility on non apple kit. Apple themselves don’t even fully support their own music service over Airplay - see https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/bits-and-bytes/apple-music-lossless-mess-part-2-airplay-r1026/

Apple for "lifestyle". Or what these people think it is. Of course legitimate for their shareholders value. Same hustle as MQA.
The Apple universe is ok, but when one is interested in high fidelity music reproduction (not production, where Apple has a strong place) it might be the wrong galaxy.

I have no problem streaming Apple Music from my Mac or iOS devices to my Wiim.

If you're using the Apple Music app, you should be able to stream your music to any Airplay/Airplay 2 streamer. The DRM is decoded by the Apple Music app on your Apple device, not be the streaming device.

The attached pic shows the Apple Music app on my iPhone streaming playlist from the Apple Music service to my Wiim Pro (named Bedroom Speakers).

IMG_4679.png

Back