Tidal Connect looses snyc

If your wifi router allows, please change the DNS server to the Google one:
If this fixed the issues for you then it's at least more likely than not that your internet service provider's DNS servers are to blame.

If so, then there's not much WiiM.can do about it, except recommending to use Google's DNS servers instead.

Didn't this WiiM Home setting have the same effect?
IMG_20240715_200712.jpg

I have the same problem with Tidal when I run streaming using the WiiM Home app. I solve it by running streaming from Tidal to the WiiM device via LMS, using the appropriate plug-in. The Wiim device works as a Squeezelite player.

Jeśli to rozwiązało Twój problem, to najprawdopodobniej winę ponoszą serwery DNS Twojego dostawcy usług internetowych.

Jeśli tak, to WiiM.nie może z tym wiele zrobić, poza zaleceniem korzystania z serwerów DNS Google.

Czy ustawienie WiiM Home nie miało tego samego efektu?
View attachment 9106
U mnie to samo...od którejś aktualizacji tak się zaczęło dziać...na początku wszystko chodziło płynnie. Samsung s20

Yep same issue for me .

Across all wiim devices. (1x pro plus & 3x wiim amps) my samsung s21 ultra looses sync on the now playing screen of tidal connect. Was fine up until a month or so ago. Hopefully wiim can come up with a fix as judging by this thread somethings clearly changed and needs putting right!

If this fixed the issues for you then it's at least more likely than not that your internet service provider's DNS servers are to blame.

If so, then there's not much WiiM.can do about it, except recommending to use Google's DNS servers instead.

Didn't this WiiM Home setting have the same effect?
View attachment 9106
I understand it that way, that Wiim is configured to work best with google's dns. Of course I tried to disable that setting, then my streamer could not be found by my phone anymore.
I came to this through another thread on this platform, just by dialing out any possible app settings and it seems that for many people the dns settings play a huge role in performance issues.
As the dns is responsible for connecting the information on tidal's servers with their ip adresses to me it makes perfect sense that using a different dns can enhance performance.

DNS doesn't really match "information" as in "content" to IP addresses. All it does (as if that wasn't enough) is to deliver the correct IP address for any given host name.

WiiM are certainly not actively optimising anything for Google DNS servers. It's rather that Google's servers simply offer far more performance (faster response times) than what your ISP's DNS server might be capable of.

In the end, you want to have name resolution as fast and reliable as possible. Google are not doing things differently, they just provide more power and bandwidth than many others.

Sorry for not explaining it well.
I changed the dns server in the Router settings... If you have a look into the Wiim app there is a setting for "prefered dns server 8.8.8.8"
I think wiim is optimized to work best with this one. I use the native Tidal app with connect with wiim pro plus internal dac. Works like a charm now
Is this where I would enter the DNS settings on my ASUS router? I have Pro Plus and Tidal problems also.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-20 at 9.04.04 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-20 at 9.04.04 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
Is this where I would enter the DNS settings on my ASUS router? I have Pro Plus and Tidal problems also.
I believe they’re talking about the “preferred dns” setting in your WiiM device network settings in the WiiM home app

Yes looks correct. I use a different router, but should be right. Just try to enter 8.8.8.8 for dns server 1 and 4.4.4.4 for dns server 2. Additionally try to change ipv6 which is listed at the right side to
2001:4860:4860::8888 and
2001:4860:4860::8844

Let me know if it works. Hope it for you :)

I believe they’re talking about the “preferred dns” setting in your WiiM device network settings in the WiiM home app
This setting should be enabled. As i mentioned at least in my case when I turn it off my phone can't find my wiim at all. Could of coursealso be only my network or router messing around as harkpabst explained. But trying it could not hurt, as the dns settings can be resetted in a few seconds :)

Thank you so much for helping. I'm not very computer savvy and I'm not sure how to enter the ipv6 settings.
You are very welcome.
At the left side of your screenshot there's a button ipv6. Hopefully there :)
Maybe it already works just by changing the dns servers alone. Did you try it?

Oh no I hope it worked out for you! Did not want to cause you any inconvenience.
This has happened before. After I get back to the setup screens, I start playing Tidal. One album will play but I'm not able to leave that album. It hangs there and if I try to play even that album a couple hours later, no sound. I have a coax out cable connected to a Lyngdorf MP60 2.1 set at 24 bitt and 192 K. Sounds great for a while. After I get it going again I hope the DNS settings help. I was wondering if an Ultra unit would be an improvement.

This has happened before. After I get back to the setup screens, I start playing Tidal. One album will play but I'm not able to leave that album. It hangs there and if I try to play even that album a couple hours later, no sound. I have a coax out cable connected to a Lyngdorf MP60 2.1 set at 24 bitt and 192 K. Sounds great for a while. After I get it going again I hope the DNS settings help. I was wondering if an Ultra unit would be an improvement.
Going back into setup a message says that Media Room (the name I gave Wiim Pro Plus) and your mobile phone are connected to two different networks. It says that if they are the same network to rename so they are different. I renamed the 2.4 network to "audio 2.4 instead of the similar names RTAX89X and RTAX89X_5G. I' m going to try forget this network and start over. Nasty1

Going back into setup a message says that Media Room (the name I gave Wiim Pro Plus) and your mobile phone are connected to two different networks. It says that if they are the same network to rename so they are different. I renamed the 2.4 network to "audio 2.4 instead of the similar names RTAX89X and RTAX89X_5G. I' m going to try forget this network and start over. Nasty1
I used my wife's iPhone and all is well. I did change from coaxial to optical with 24 bitt and 92K. Her phone is newer

I used my wife's iPhone and all is well. I did change from coaxial to optical with 24 bitt and 92K. Her phone is newer. I seem to be able to move around in Tidal for the first time. I think the DNS settings have helped.

Back