Toslink to DAC to tape in possible?

Fralle

Hi,

Would it be possible for me to connect the Wiim ultra to a line input on my vintage tape deck? So toslink out to external dac with RCA out direct to the deck. If so: Would it be possible to make recordings directly from digital streaming and the phono stage that way?

Yes, you can...
Thank you! On another note: Do you know if it is possible to deactivate the volume knob completely and just use the remote? I have a one year old that is really obsessed with volume knobs so that would really help🤣

Would it be possible for me to connect the Wiim ultra to a line input on my vintage tape deck?
Just make sure to set the output voltage of the line-out way lower than the default setting of 2 Vrms. I would start with the lowest value and see if you can reach the required recording level at 100% volume control. Only if that's not possible I would try the next higher output voltage.

You can do this but if your amp has a tape loop it’s better to use that as the voltage will be correct ie connect TT -> WiiM -> DAC/Amp -> Tape out

Back