Two Wiim Amps - Delay when paired

kcity99

Hi there. I have two Wiim Amps as each is connected to passive speaker inside my house and on the patio. I am using the optical cable from my TV to one Wiim Amp and the audio is perfectly synced when playing on the one amp. When I pair the two amps together via the app the audio for both zones is synced together, however it is now off about 1 second from the video.
I remember reading about this and I think this is to be expected, so I am looking for a work around.
Would me splitting the optical output from the TV and running one to each amp work to keep the audio paired with the TV? Of course I would be playing each amp separately (not paired) but I’m hoping this might be the answer.
Thanks so much.

Hi there. I have two Wiim Amps as each is connected to passive speaker inside my house and on the patio. I am using the optical cable from my TV to one Wiim Amp and the audio is perfectly synced when playing on the one amp. When I pair the two amps together via the app the audio for both zones is synced together, however it is now off about 1 second from the video.
I remember reading about this and I think this is to be expected, so I am looking for a work around.
Would me splitting the optical output from the TV and running one to each amp work to keep the audio paired with the TV? Of course I would be playing each amp separately (not paired) but I’m hoping this might be the answer.
Thanks so much.

Hi,
Yes, I believe you can eliminate the delay by using an optical splitter to connect the cable to the two WiiM amps. However, please check the quality of the splitter well in advance.

I used to a LiNKFOR 1 in 3 out splitter and I don't recall any problems.

Hi,
Yes, I believe you can eliminate the delay by using an optical splitter to connect the cable to the two WiiM amps. However, please check the quality of the splitter well in advance.

I used to a LiNKFOR 1 in 3 out splitter and I don't recall any problems.
Thank you for the response.

Back