Ultra 12 volt trigger issue

jjkitt

After the most recent firmware update (5.2.624365) the 12 volt trigger will not turn on/off my power amp. Trigger work prior to updated, verified cable and power amp are working correctly with another pre-amp and 12 Volt trigger is a mono cable.
Conducted reboot and factory reset...issue still remains.
Submitted ticket with Wiim support but appreciate anyone's guidance if they have already dealt with this issue.

Cheers,

The number one hack if anything isn't working as expected after a firmware update: Pull the power plug, wait 30 to 60 seconds. Re-connect to the mains power.

It might help. It might just not if this is really a newly introduced bug.

The number one hack if anything isn't working as expected after a firmware update: Pull the power plug, wait 30 to 60 seconds. Re-connect to the mains power.

It might help. It might just not if this is really a newly introduced bug.
Thanks for the suggestion, should have thought of that myself. Unfortunately pulling the power plug did not resolve the issue. Troubleshooting continues.
Cheers,

Do you have a multimeter available? Can you test to see if the device is putting any voltage on the trigger wire?

Good point, will need to head to the hardware store to pick one up.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Cheers,

Multimeter is reading .085 volts when powering on. Ordering a replacement via Amazon, hopefully this is just a fluke.
Will update once new unit arrives.
Cheers,

Multimeter is reading .085 volts when powering on. Ordering a replacement via Amazon, hopefully this is just a fluke.
Will update once new unit arrives.
Cheers,
You do realize once it got update to the same firmware you’re back to same problem. Like you stated prior of the update it was working. Wiim could just roll you back from previous firmware.

I've had my Ultra for almost a week now and just tried to set up the 12 volt trigger this evening. It doesn't work -- the amp stays on all the time. My Ultra also has the 5.2.624365 firmware, but I didn't get to try the trigger prior to this update. Hope this gets fixed.

I've had my Ultra for almost a week now and just tried to set up the 12 volt trigger this evening. It doesn't work -- the amp stays on all the time. My Ultra also has the 5.2.624365 firmware, but I didn't get to try the trigger prior to this update. Hope this gets fixed.
Someone reported that previous firmware works and the current one does not. Send message to wiim via app. They will check your log.

After the most recent firmware update (5.2.624365) the 12 volt trigger will not turn on/off my power amp. Trigger work prior to updated, verified cable and power amp are working correctly with another pre-amp and 12 Volt trigger is a mono cable.
Conducted reboot and factory reset...issue still remains.
Submitted ticket with Wiim support but appreciate anyone's guidance if they have already dealt with this issue.

Cheers,
Mine did the same thing. But I rebooted the Ultra and now it works.

Well, I had a trigger issue for the second time. The previous time I could correct it by turning the amp on and off. This time my amp was dead and when I unplugged it it still was dead (I was shopping for amps on line). But, I decided to check the fuses and they were OK. But when I plugged it in --- there was power !!! After I connected the Ultra, however, it appeared dead again. After another power on/off, everything was OK. There seems to be some trigger issue and I don't think it's my amp.

Back