Ultra as a transport

sjk

Are there any differences sonically between the Pro and Ultra as a transport to my current DAC?
I'll still get one for the display and HDMI and sub-out, just wondering if any of the pre-DAC internals have been upgraded?

Thanks in advance!

Time will tell if the Ultra USB digital out is noise free and plays well with good USB DAC inputs.

From the ultra q&a. Take it however you will.

Are there any improvements to the streamer circuit that would improve sound quality? I.e. if we are using this purely as a streamer connected to a high-end external DAC (so not using volume control, room correction sub out etc), are there any improvements in streaming section to deliver higher quality sound vs Pro Plus?The digital output is transparent, comparable to the Pro Plus but with improved jitter performance.

Reactions: sjk
The USB out on my Amp is sounding good into my Linn amp, but I don't have the means (or frankly the interest) to measure it in any way beyond listening.

I suspect very few have the means.

However, there are enough who do that we can check their results.

But yes, if you enjoy listening to it, and the measurements confirm it’s transparent, what’s not to like.

The USB out on my Amp is sounding good into my Linn amp, but I don't have the means (or frankly the interest) to measure it in any way beyond listening.
It’s true that measurements done by asr is gold standard by the designer but for us we just use our ear if it’s sounds good that’s all that matters. Enjoy our music and hopefully as AI mature in the future that it can enhanced our lifestyle. Wouldn’t be great if we just sit our ass at home and AI will just do everything for us? Do we still need wife? 😂

Back