Unable to pair bluetooth remote with WIIM Pro Plus

ivayvr

I spent over one hour trying to pair my remote with WIIM Pro Plus but did not make any progress. It was working initially when I first set it up but I was not using it on the regular basis. Most often I was using the phone app and the PC app to control the unit. I was using remote to control the volume and nothing else.

I followed all the recommendations, restarting the device, removing the batteries,setting it from the beginning but nothing worked.On a few attempts the following message popped up: "Unable to start scan"

There is an issue while requesting to start BLE scan. Please restart your device to resolve this issue. We're very sorry for this inconvenience.

I tried pairing the remote using both my phone and the iPad. I remember when I did the initial set up that it was quite hard to pair it while using my phone but the iPad procedure was smooth and quick.

I bought the WIIM based on the very positive review on the Audio Science Review where I am an active member. Do you think that I can ask for help there or on the WIIM forum or it is simply a known hardware problem? I was using a fresh pair of batteries, so clearly, that is not the source of the problem.

I spent over one hour trying to pair my remote with WIIM Pro Plus but did not make any progress. It was working initially when I first set it up but I was not using it on the regular basis. Most often I was using the phone app and the PC app to control the unit. I was using remote to control the volume and nothing else.

I followed all the recommendations, restarting the device, removing the batteries,setting it from the beginning but nothing worked.On a few attempts the following message popped up: "Unable to start scan"

There is an issue while requesting to start BLE scan. Please restart your device to resolve this issue. We're very sorry for this inconvenience.

I tried pairing the remote using both my phone and the iPad. I remember when I did the initial set up that it was quite hard to pair it while using my phone but the iPad procedure was smooth and quick.

I bought the WIIM based on the very positive review on the Audio Science Review where I am an active member. Do you think that I can ask for help there or on the WIIM forum or it is simply a known hardware problem? I was using a fresh pair of batteries, so clearly, that is not the source of the problem.
If you submit a support ticket through the WiiM app feedback, the device logs will be sent along with it to help resolve the issue.

Also, if they find a problem with the remote, they will be able to replace it maybe.

Thank you Wimmer! My posting is a copy of the message I sent to Wiim Support. That is why it sounds a bit odd and I should edit it (it was a busy day today..). I hope to hear from them soon.

Back