Unable to see Chromecast devices

MattH

Got my Pro Plus a couple of days ago and loving it so far, but I can't work out how to cast to my Chromecast devices.
I don't seem to have any "available devices" listed on the Chromecast Audio settings tab.
Is there something obvious I've missed? TIA!1000016332.png

Solution
Got my Pro Plus a couple of days ago and loving it so far, but I can't work out how to cast to my Chromecast devices.
I don't seem to have any "available devices" listed on the Chromecast Audio settings tab.
Is there something obvious I've missed? TIA!View attachment 7524
Are you trying to cast music played on the WiiM pro plus to another Chromecast device?

The WiiM works only as a receiver; it does not have Chromecast cast capability.
Are you trying to cast music played on the WiiM pro plus to another Chromecast device?

Solution
If you want to cast your phone music to WiiM with Chromecast try this.

In the Google home app, tap on the WiiM device.
Tap "Cast audio".
Play it in any app (e.g. Youtube).

Ahh.. ok. That answers my question, thanks. I mistakenly thought I could cast out as well as receive.

Ahh.. ok. That answers my question, thanks. I mistakenly thought I could cast out as well as receive.
The WiiM Team has teased the inclusion of DLNA Cast in its roadmap, so let's wait a bit longer.

That could come as early as around June 15.😁

The WiiM Team has teased the inclusion of DLNA Cast in its roadmap, so let's wait a bit longer.

That could come as early as around June 15.😁

There are so many scheduled to be released on the 15th. I may have to take a time for this buster release! Are you with me wiimer? 😂

Hi All.
New user, just setup my wiim pro plus today. Device seems excellent, however I can't see it on my home network vis Google Home, so I am not able to chromecast to the wiim from my phone. Wanting to cast BBC sounds.

According to the wiim app, chromecast is enabled. I tried rebooting and redoing setup but it hasn't solved the issue.

Anyone else having this issue or has a potential solution?

Many thanks

Hi All.
New user, just setup my wiim pro plus today. Device seems excellent, however I can't see it on my home network vis Google Home, so I am not able to chromecast to the wiim from my phone. Wanting to cast BBC sounds.

According to the wiim app, chromecast is enabled. I tried rebooting and redoing setup but it hasn't solved the issue.

Anyone else having this issue or has a potential solution?

Many thanks
It can sometimes take a little while for some reason for them to appear in the Home app. Give it a couple of hours and they might mysteriously pop up as Chromecast targets in the BBC Sounds app

It can sometimes take a little while for some reason for them to appear in the Home app. Give it a couple of hours and they might mysteriously pop up as Chromecast targets in the BBC Sounds app
I've also seen cases where it seems that the wiim needs to be in a Room within Google home.

I seem to remember a time when devices would only be visible/usable after they have been added to the Google Home app. Even now its often hit or miss if even Google Home will see the device ...

Once it's working though it's usually pretty stable.

Back