Unable to synchronize WiiM Pro Plus with WiiM Pro

Hello,

I'm trying to synchronize a WiiM Pro Plus with a WiiM Pro, however I'm not succesful. Setting up the synchronization between the two is straightforward, but I get no audio from the WiiM Pro when synchronizing to the WiiM Pro Plus. What am I missing?

Last edited:
By synchronisation, I presume you mean linking into a group. Can you please post screenshots of the devices page in the app, and detail which outputs you are using for each WiiM and what source audio you are trying to play?

Thanks for your reply, @Brantome. That's indeed what I meant. ;)
I think I found the issue, I was trying to link a WiiM Pro Plus with a WiiM Pro while playing from a "Roon Ready" audio source. This was unsuccesful. I tried it with "Tidal Connect" as an audio source and linking both in a group was working as expected.
I assume you can't link "Roon Ready" audio sources using the WiiM app.

Thanks for your reply, @Brantome. That's indeed what I meant. ;)
I think I found the issue, I was trying to link a WiiM Pro Plus with a WiiM Pro while playing from a "Roon Ready" audio source. This was unsuccesful. I tried it with "Tidal Connect" as an audio source and linking both in a group was working as expected.
I assume you can't link "Roon Ready" audio sources using the WiiM app.
I’d expect you’d need to group such in Roon itself, as what in effect you’re asking is for a Linkplay group to be Roon Ready which I guess won’t have been certified.

That sounds plausible. I have the impression a Linkplay group is better in sync than a Roon (Ready) group. A Yamaha MusicCast group works flawlessly, but Roon doesn't know a thing about Yamaha MusicCast.

what in effect you’re asking is for a Linkplay group to be Roon Ready which I guess won’t have been certified.

That could be a nice feature. ;)

Last edited:
Back