Usb output

andrewcruga

Hello fellow Ultra users. I just got a new Anthem STR integrated amplifier and when I select USB as my output option the Anthem won't play in 24/192. I'm using Qobuz and when I play tracks that are hi res it switches to cd 44.1. When I hook up via Optical or Digital Coax it plays hi res just fine.

Is there any setting on the Anthem that governs that? Do you have another usb cable you can use?

I’d submit a ticket to WiiM explaining in detail the kit you’re using so that they can inspect your device logs for clues.

I’ve long tested Ultra’s USB out to a variety of DACs; I was a beta tester and my main contribution was in that area. No issues. Excellent performance, especially on high end DACs.

Check your USB cable and your external DAC USB input characteristics.

Just connected my pc via USB and it plays hi res so it must be a Wiim Ultra thing.
Maybe in yours but not in general. If you think it is a defect contact WiiM via app feedback.

Also… turn on your DAC first before connecting the Ultra USB port to it and selecting it in the WiiM app. Ultra needs to see the USB port receiver active.

Back