USB Support

Colleagues, what about switching the sound source via the remote control, I don't see it switching to the USB source, and I can only change it manually via the application on my phone.
I don’t think the remote treats it as an input

If the Media Server isn't available (note my last post) the possibility to choose USB as source is also not available (not visible)!
If you haven’t already, submit a ticket to WiiM so thay can inspect your device logs for clues.

I have a few questions on USB support, on the presumption that functionality on the Amp will be copied over to the Amp Pro and Ultra.

First one, which might answer them all, or at least most of them, what can and can't the USB port do at the moment?

Secondly, if one were to attach a USB drive full of music, does it come up in the Browse Tab (see 2nd bullet point in the first post of this thread)?

Thirdly, can you use a USB hub yet?

Fourthly, I'm trying to think of ease of access to the USB drive. If I have it plugged into the port, and then I rip a new CD, how do I get the rip on to the drive? Any way other than unplugging it, sticking it in the PC, copy the new rip over, and put the drive back in the USB port in the Amp/Amp Pro/Ultra? Could I connect a USB hub to the Amp/etc., USB drive in that hub, connect a PC to the hub via USB, and have the USB drive come up on my PC that way, and copy the rip over? EDIT: Actually no, that last one won't work will it. The USB hub will have several 'ins' and one 'out', with the 'out' going to the Amp. The PC would have to be connected to the 'out', not one of the 'ins'. Any other ideas?

Many thanks.

Last edited:
I have a few questions on USB support, on the presumption that functionality on the Amp will be copied over to the Amp Pro and Ultra.

First one, which might answer them all, or at least most of them, what can and can't the USB port do at the moment?

Access media on an attached drive, no USB audio out yet

Secondly, if one were to attach a USB drive full of music, does it come up in the Browse Tab (see 2nd bullet point in the first post of this thread)?

Yes, but at the very bottom of the page under Inputs on the host device as well as under Home Music Share for all your WiiM devices.

Thirdly, can you use a USB hub yet?

Don’t know as I don’t think there’s a use case yet for such
Fourthly, I'm trying to think of ease of access to the USB drive. If I have it plugged into the port, and then I rip a new CD, how do I get the rip on to the drive? Any way other than unplugging it, sticking it in the PC, copy the new rip over, and put the drive back in the USB port in the Amp/Amp Pro/Ultra? Could I connect a USB hub to the Amp/etc., USB drive in that hub, connect a PC to the hub via USB, and have the USB drive come up on my PC that way, and copy the rip over?

Never a good idea in my experience to have two independent devices having write access to the same media - I’d be surprised if a simple USB drive had the intelligence to deal with that.

I still feel a NAS is a much better solution, using something like Minimserver or LMS

Back