Using Wiim Mini as a Bluetooth Transmitter in a multi room set up

chrispw

I will shortly be adding a Wiim Pro to my main system which means I can move my Wiim Mini to feed a Bluetooth speaker in another room. My question is if I want nicely synced audio across the two rooms will it be OK to use Bluetooth or should I wire the Mini to the speaker? Ideally I would like to hide the Mini on the other side of the room to where the speaker is so Bluetooth would be preferable.

I will shortly be adding a Wiim Pro to my main system which means I can move my Wiim Mini to feed a Bluetooth speaker in another room. My question is if I want nicely synced audio across the two rooms will it be OK to use Bluetooth or should I wire the Mini to the speaker? Ideally I would like to hide the Mini on the other side of the room to where the speaker is so Bluetooth would be preferable.
i don't think you can play multiroom using the linkplay system and use bluetooth as an output... could be wrong though.

however even if it was possible, the latency would make it not sync up with the Pro in your main system i would have thought...

Last edited:

As @BowsAndArrows said, there can be problems when using WiiM's Multi-Room Music (MRM) and Bluetooth transmission at the same time.

In my previous tests, only the MRM host device could successfully Bluetooth transmit. In other words, when the Mini is the host, the Mini can Bluetooth transmit, but when the Pro is the host and the Mini is the client, there will be problems such as choppy or silent sound.

Please see test results 3 and 4, done here.

However, I recommend that you test it yourself, as you may not always get the same results.😄

In my opinion, it is preferable to hide the Mini behind a speaker or speaker stand for a wired connection.

Back