Using Wiim PRO with a turntable

Oliver

Since the last firmware the Wiim PRO is able to cast Airplay 2, I would like to buy one to stream my turntable to Airplay 2 speakers. My question: Does the Wiim Pro have a built-in preamplifier so that I can connect my turntable directly to the WiiM Pro, or do I still need a separate phone preamplifier for it? Also, I don't see any way to connect the ground cable of the turntable to the Wiim Pro. It would be nice if someone could enlighten me.

Since the last firmware the Wiim PRO is able to cast Airplay 2, I would like to buy one to stream my turntable to Airplay 2 speakers. My question: Does the Wiim Pro have a built-in preamplifier so that I can connect my turntable directly to the WiiM Pro, or do I still need a separate phone preamplifier for it? Also, I don't see any way to connect the ground cable of the turntable to the Wiim Pro. It would be nice if someone could enlighten me.

There is no phono preamp/EQ, so you'd need to use an external phono preamp and that is presumably where you'd connect the turntable's GND.
For that application you might want to consider stepping up to the Pro Plus, due to its vastly better performing ADC section, however I'm not sure how audible that would be when used with AirPlay 2.

You need a pre-amp for your turntable and there is no post for a ground cable. So sorry, but two times no.

Back