What are you listening to?

In my opinion one of the most important albums in 2024. Surprisingly enough for me, I did not expect such from an artist who wasn't at a high place on my list of relevant singers. But even me can be wrong 😉. Not often. But it can happen 😇😂.
On Monday, it was announced that Beyoncé did not receive a nomination for "Cowboy Carter" at the 2024 CMA Awards. (Country Music Association, the guardians of the holy grail of Country Music).
Not for the honky tonk single "Texas Hold 'Em", which made her the first black woman with a number one country song. Not for the crushing ballad "16 Carriages", in which she reflects on heritage and sacrifice.
Not even for "Blackbiird", their reinterpretation of a Beatles classic starring Tanner Adell, Brittney Spencer, Tiera Kennedy and Reyna Roberts – four black women leading the next generation of country music.

IMG_4511.jpeg

In my opinion one of the most important albums in 2024. Surprisingly enough for me, I did not expect such from an artist who wasn't at a high place on my list of relevant singers. But even me can be wrong 😉. Not often. But it can happen 😇😂.
On Monday, it was announced that Beyoncé did not receive a nomination for "Cowboy Carter" at the 2024 CMA Awards. (Country Music Association, the guardians of the holy grail of Country Music).
Not for the honky tonk single "Texas Hold 'Em", which made her the first black woman with a number one country song. Not for the crushing ballad "16 Carriages", in which she reflects on heritage and sacrifice.
Not even for "Blackbiird", their reinterpretation of a Beatles classic starring Tanner Adell, Brittney Spencer, Tiera Kennedy and Reyna Roberts – four black women leading the next generation of country music.

View attachment 11595
I too was surprised by this release. One to keep. Worth it just for Blackbird.

Ambient Jazz. Released last week.

♪ Playing Continuum 2 by Nala Sinephro from Endlessness (2024) (Qobuz • 2934kbps, 24bit, 96kHz, -4.64dB, FLC)

IMG_7673.png

Back