What are you listening to?

Fresu (or his publisher) released a Christmas EP yesterday and it reminded me to give some of his former albums a spin again.
This is "Chamber Jazz" I like, for though a (perfectly played) Bandoneon is on board and this is in my ears normally one of the four instruments of the Apocalypse 😉
Stuff to float slowly into another stormy and rainy day at the shore. Take care, @ all

IMG_2036.jpeg

Fresu (or his publisher) released a Christmas EP yesterday and it reminded me to give some of his former albums a spin again.
This is "Chamber Jazz" I like, for though a (perfectly played) Bandoneon is on board and this is in my ears normally one of the four instruments of the Apocalypse 😉
Stuff to float slowly into another stormy and rainy day at the shore. Take care, @ all

View attachment 3558
Fresu is one of my favourites. Have you ever tried Roberto Roberto Olzer and Enrico Pieranunzi? Both are pianists ;)

Fresu is one of my favourites. Have you ever tried Roberto Roberto Olzer and Enrico Pieranunzi? Both are pianists ;)
Will check that.
In the mid 90s I have a job to deliver an offset printing machine to Nuoro, Fresu's hometown. Did the drive myself with a 15m semi. Never forget the ferry from Genova to Olbia and the unwanted surprise when we had to load over in the harbor on smaller trucks to do the delivery..

This morning I feel generous.😇 Let's start with this. If @Achim1811 like bandoneon this album should be for him.;)

Immagine 2023-11-25 074435.jpg
I continue with an album by Michele di Toro with Hans Mathisen as Norwegian guitarist. Halfway between Metheny and Abercrombie?🤔
Immagine 2023-11-25 074940.png
Finally an Australian Jazz Band. It's their first album and I think they're promising.
Immagine 2023-11-25 075416.png
Well, there would be that too. A really weird album, a bit in the ECM style. I haven't decided yet whether I like it or not.🤔 Maybe some other daredevil can try it.;)
Immagine 2023-11-25 080047.png
Happy weekend to all 😊

Must be great stuff for your B&Ws...
Thanks mate. A very good suggestion. (y) I haven't listened to this album in a while. I'll do it today so as well as enjoying the music I'll also do a test, as you say, of my new B&Ws.;)😊

One of my best loved bands back in the Beat era. The harmony of the vocals was state of the art that days.
This compilation seems to be made for Germany only. My CD copy nevertheless was made in The Netherlands 😉

View attachment 3568

I got the vinyl version of their "20 Golden Hits" as a Christmas gift way back in 1978...

Edit: even remember the oft quoted misheard lyric "He's well fed on Mackeson..." 🤣 🤣

Back