Presto Classical

This has been asked for more than a year: When is WiiM adding Presto Music to the app?

Guess it depends how many people are asking for it and what sort of market penetration it has to make it worthwhile for WiiM to devote development resources.

I had to Google to see what it was…

I thought Presto had a higher profile among classical music listeners, but maybe it's just my circle. One of the nice things about Presto is that when you buy a disc they'll also give you a digital file (if available) that you can stream or download. Therefore, I've collected a few that I'd like to stream. I'm working this from both ends; I also contacted Presto about it.

Last edited:
I received an encouraging response from Presto today concerning this: "We are currently working towards integrations that we hope will be available in autumn."

Presto Music is excellent service that offers both subscription and the option to buy and download tracks.
It may be niche but is increasingly popular among people who love classic, jazz and quality recordings (from CD quality to 96 Khz or sometimes192/24). Nice apps and reasonable model for paying artists.
I don't know if there are users enough to justify integration in Wiim, but I know a few who would buy Wiim if Presto were supported.

Yes please - Presto is probably the best classical music app around and should be supported!

Yes please - Presto is probably the best classical music app around and should be supported!
I use Presto for CD purchases (excellent company imo), but I haven't looked at their streaming service. Do you know if it as comprehensive for classical as Qobuz?

Possibly (not) - I haven't researched thoroughly - but it has the key advantages that:
a) meta data - composers' and performers' names - are correctly and intelligently indexed
b) booklets are available
c) critics' reviews are also shown (where available)
d) there are also general (good) articles on classical music

I suspect that Presto will pay a fair share to the artists too, though I believe that Qobuz is also better than some in this regard. Presto is currently offering a free trial, with the chance to win a free year's subscription, so perhaps I should give them a try!

New to me, but looking at their free trial. VERY nice to not be assaulted with all the pop/rock/rap garbage right up front - just classical and jazz, with a smattering of quality international thrown in. Also nice to have reviews, full metadata and liners.

I see they have already integrated with BlueOS, and have their own basic streaming device.

If their jazz catalog matches Tidal’s, and they integrate with WiiM, I’d happily subscribe.

Glad to see others want Presto on the WiiM app. Since the first thread by @OldManKensey had no responses for more than a year, I started a new thread on the same topic a couple of months ago.

Last edited:
Back