Why there have been no firmware update for the pro in August?

Bismarck

It looks like all Wiim devices have been updated in August, except Wiim Pro.
Why?

I assume it's as simple as WIIM are still working their way through the other versions firmware updates. Also as the Ultra may have more teething issues more focus is needed on that product .

Why would you want to hide a link to this very forum behind a tinyURL? Just to increase the tension? :unsure:

Spoiler alert: It points to the firmware version 4.8.625660 for the WiiM Pro Plus.
I always use TinyURL to shorten links that I post somewhere.
I think it is a good habit in order to save space and have better readability.
Why is it a problem?
Anyway, the unshortened link is:
https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/wiim-pro-plus-firmware-v4-8-625660-update-aug-8-2024.4304/
Is it better? Really??? Wow!!

Last edited:
We are still in august 👍🏻

Last edited:
Just to make clear what I wanted to say:
We know that the firmware updates of the various WiiM devices are released with (roughly) the same new functionality and bug fixes (except, of course, for what is not supported by a given device).
We also know that the updates are usually released monthly, in few days, for all WiiM devices.
Hence, I was a bit surprised that the last August update, which, in my opinion, was full of new and useful functionalities, was released for all the other WiiM devices and not for the Pro.
Well, it appears that such new functionalities are not interesting for someone, and also that someone other likes multiline URL links instead of shortened links.
For me that's OK: everyone is entitled to think what he wants...

Well, it appears that such new functionalities are not interesting for someone, and also that someone other likes multiline URL links instead of shortened links.
For me that's OK: everyone is entitled to think what he wants...
It is what it is don't get too distracted by it. I merely implied that my pro is functioning perfectly for me and therefore I wasn't hankering for a new update.

There is an update

Back