Wiim amp + Dali speakers for a 2nd system

Vanquish_08

Hello folks,

Been hanging around here for a while anonymously reading up on most of the postings here on the Wiim amp. I am in the midst
of putting up a 2nd system at my work apartment where I am spending a fair bit of time these days. I have a Marantz + B&W rig
at home but I wanted a simpler 1 box solution for the apartment instead. Listening will be mainly from Tidal and USB storage of
60-80GB of FLAC files but I still have an older Marantz CD5004 and Yamaha NS-SW100 sub that I can also hook up to the amp.
My plans are to pair the Wiim amp with a pair of Dali Oberon 3 speakers which I am picking up from a close friend.

There are no Wiim retailers near where I live but I'll be in Kuala Lumpur next week and have arranged for a demo. I just wanted
to hear some thoughts from those of you who might have a Wiim amp paired with an Oberon 3 or 5 on how they sound. My
listening area in the apartment is about 15ft by 21ft and I'll be seated about 9ft from the speakers (placed about 9.5ft apart on
24 inch stands). I am a little concerned about the amp's lack of headroom as stated in some of the reviews but figured it's best
to hear it from the owners themselves.

Cheers,
VaN.

Thank you all for your insight. I am going to listen to the amp next week so hopefully it fits the bills. My other alternative is
of course the recently launched Marantz Model M1 but that's going for 2.5X more than what the WiiM is going for and not
to mention the maligned HEOS app.

WIIM amp..b&w 601( series 3) speakers, Polk audio psw 10 sub..
Sounds absolutely amazing.😊👍👌👌
Surprises me every day how this amp sounds..

Not to forget the excellent software and all the support.
The older B&Ws are quite a treat and I love their Kevlar drivers very much. The newer Continuum drivers are probably
superior from a technical standpoint but I can't quite bring myself to love their sound signature. Still holding on to my
old 703 S1 for as long as I can ;)

The older B&Ws are quite a treat and I love their Kevlar drivers very much. The newer Continuum drivers are probably
superior from a technical standpoint but I can't quite bring myself to love their sound signature. Still holding on to my
old 703 S1 for as long as I can ;)
They sound amazing 😊👍
The 701 s1..😮Yes hold on to them excellent speakers😊👌👌👌

Hello folks,

Been hanging around here for a while anonymously reading up on most of the postings here on the Wiim amp. I am in the midst
of putting up a 2nd system at my work apartment where I am spending a fair bit of time these days. I have a Marantz + B&W rig
at home but I wanted a simpler 1 box solution for the apartment instead. Listening will be mainly from Tidal and USB storage of
60-80GB of FLAC files but I still have an older Marantz CD5004 and Yamaha NS-SW100 sub that I can also hook up to the amp.
My plans are to pair the Wiim amp with a pair of Dali Oberon 3 speakers which I am picking up from a close friend.

There are no Wiim retailers near where I live but I'll be in Kuala Lumpur next week and have arranged for a demo. I just wanted
to hear some thoughts from those of you who might have a Wiim amp paired with an Oberon 3 or 5 on how they sound. My
listening area in the apartment is about 15ft by 21ft and I'll be seated about 9ft from the speakers (placed about 9.5ft apart on
24 inch stands). I am a little concerned about the amp's lack of headroom as stated in some of the reviews but figured it's best
to hear it from the owners themselves.

Cheers,
VaN.
Hi there,
Just wanted to ask if you’ve picked up and tried the Oberon 3’s yet?
I’m currently running my WiiM Amp through a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 12.2’s and considering an upgrade to the Oberon 3’s….also keen to hear any users feedback
Thank you 🙂

Hi there,
Just wanted to ask if you’ve picked up and tried the Oberon 3’s yet?
I’m currently running my WiiM Amp through a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 12.2’s and considering an upgrade to the Oberon 3’s….also keen to hear any users feedback
Thank you 🙂
I will only be checking out the WiiM amp this week since I will be in Kuala Lumpur for work. Sadly I could not find any retailer who
had one for demo where I live. A good friend of mine has a pair of Oberon 3 but he's driving them with a Marantz PM6006 amp
and they sound pretty darn good. I obviously want to see if the WiiM can drive the speakers to a reasonable level and without
losing too much in sound quality. The Diamond 12.2s are a pretty good pair of speakers and I think a few people here are using
them with the WiiM. The Oberon 3s are a step up but I am not sure if the difference in sound quality will be marginal - that's just
my thought.

Thank you for your reply, it’s much appreciated.
I did wonder that to be honest, I was lucky with the 12.2’s…I bought them new, open box for £250 (normal price in the UK is £300)…they sound great, but I’m just wondering if there is something ‘better ’ for a little more?
The Oberon 3’s in the UK are just under £500 new, so I guess the question is, are they twice as good as the speakers I have?
As much as I like the 12.2’s I find that I don’t enjoy listening to them for longer periods so was looking for something with lots of detail but maybe less ‘bright’?
Perhaps I need to play around with the EQ….I'm using the Room Setting at the moment.
Thanks very much,
Ian.

Thank you for your reply, it’s much appreciated.
I did wonder that to be honest, I was lucky with the 12.2’s…I bought them new, open box for £250 (normal price in the UK is £300)…they sound great, but I’m just wondering if there is something ‘better ’ for a little more?
The Oberon 3’s in the UK are just under £500 new, so I guess the question is, are they twice as good as the speakers I have?
As much as I like the 12.2’s I find that I don’t enjoy listening to them for longer periods so was looking for something with lots of detail but maybe less ‘bright’?
Perhaps I need to play around with the EQ….I'm using the Room Setting at the moment.
Thanks very much,
Ian.
Hi Ian,

I'd lean towards making the most of the PEQ and Room Correction first and probably play around with speaker placement before you
look at replacing the Diamonds. They are a touch brighter compared to the Oberons from what I have heard but unlike the traditional
A/B class amps, the WiiM does offer PEQ and RC (at this price point) which might help you. I see that you have started a thread on this
subject here so I'm glad to see some of the folks chiming in with their thoughts. There is also a 6 month old Dynaudio Emit 20s being
sold in the local Marketplace but I don't think the WiiM can drive it efficiently so I'll very likely go with the Oberon 3s.

Back