Wiim Amp with big speakers

Hi all,

I am not very knowledgeable in audio stuff, trying to learn. I have a system setup that was inherited from my dad that consists of two JBL LX44 speakers (https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/jbl/lx44.shtml) and a Luxman L30 amp. However I need to give back the Luxman, so I am looking for a new amp and reading around I found the Wiim Amp which sounds really nice with all the streaming capabilities.

However I am not sure if it's going to be enough for such big speakers as I see it recommended a lot for shelf speaker type. So is the Wiim Amp going to be powerful enough for these speakers? Are they gonna sound good or should I look for alternatives?

Thank you!
Not familiar with your speakers, but I resurrected an old pair of Emotiva ERT 8.2 tower speakers with the Wiim amp and could not be happier. I've had to play around with the eq, but managed to get full sound out of these speakers, they are rated at 4 ohms 89 db sensitivity. No sub necessary. I may actually get another for my upstairs bathroom in-wall polk speakers that have been dormant for many years. Problem there is i have to put the amp in the attic and it gets super hot up there in the summer. Oh, so far, listening at just a tad under 50 % volume, plenty loud, no heating issues, unit is slightly warm at the top of the unit. I did lift it up a little with some rubber dryer feet I had laying around. Best of luck. I don't think you can go wrong with the wiim amp. I bought mine from crutchfield which has 60 day return, just in case.

Back