Wiim app quality vs casting from synfonium from DLNA server

davdenic

Hi i'm hearing a slight difference from playing a FLAC from the wiim app vs casting from synfonium over the wiim mini (upnp) both from the same source on my jellyfin server on my nas. I'm curious to understand if there is written somewhere specs regarding those details.

case 1: I just run the wiim app (from my android phone) I browse my server and I play a flac song
case 2: I run the synfonium app from my android phone, CAST to wiim mini on upnp, from the same server I play the very same flac song

Setup:
  • DLNA server (Jellyfin) no transcoding enabled
  • wiim mini -> optical cable -> amplifier
  • wiim mini setup: EQ off, spdif 24/192, fixed volume 100%, aux out level 2Vrms
  • synfonium: i've disable every eq, transcoding as well

You should be able to identify the stream URL of the track that's playing using the WiiM APIs.
If they don't match then Symfonium is still handling the stream - although potentially not altering it - and it's going to be difficult to know what's going on.

Last edited:
You should be able to identify the stream URL of the track that's playing using the WiiM APIs.
If they don't match then Symfonium is still handling the stream - although potentially not altering it - and it's going to be difficult to know what's going on.

I've analyzed the symfonium log with a symfonium support guy and the stream is not transcoded

I've analyzed the symfonium log with a symfonium support guy and the stream is not transcoded
Cast the track to the WiiM using BubbleUPnP or mconnect and if that sounds the same as when played via the WiiM app, as it should do, then it's something to do with Symfonium.
Do you know if Symfonium is proxying the track?

Last edited:
Back