Wiim Competitor?

Velvet9015

Zidoo Z9X 8K has been announced by the makers of the more expensive Eversolo devices. Totally ignoring its video playback features, it's got all the audio features of the Eversolo machines with a display out for a pretty cool 'now playing' screen, if situated in the living room or similar. No chromecast like the Wiim Pro/Pro Plus but plenty of extra features too. Not bad for £250?

Where’s the info on it having all the audio features of the other Eversolo devices, particularly around streaming service support?

Sounds like an upgrade to my Roku Ultra. Assuming it supports all the streaming channels. Does it support DVD and Blue-Ray ISO with menus?

Where’s the info on it having all the audio features of the other Eversolo devices, particularly around streaming service support?
Over on the zidoo forum. The moderator there has a test device and has posted screenshots and answered questions. Exactly the same interface/ as the eversolo plus the app etc. Native Tidal, Qobuz, Deezer, Amazon, Jellyfin, Plex, Roon (awaiting certification), Squeeze Control. Can install Apple Music like the Eversolo and Fiio products. Pretty full featured. DSD , Various EQs.

Tbh, sounds a bit like an apples and oranges comparison at best
I don't know if that's fair. It supports all the main music streaming services and various protocols like Wiim and can be controlled by external apps and the native app like Wiim too. Arguably just has more features like a dedicated HDMI DSD/Audio port for MCH and more apps. All the differences are just extras, like the TV interface and the video playback facility that these boxes are renowned for. I'm not shilling for the product but it does seem like a neat set of features for the price point.

I don't know if that's fair. It supports all the main music streaming services and various protocols like Wiim and can be controlled by external apps and the native app like Wiim too. Arguably just has more features like a dedicated HDMI DSD/Audio port for MCH and more apps. All the differences are just extras, like the TV interface and the video playback facility that these boxes are renowned for. I'm not shilling for the product but it does seem like a neat set of features for the price point.
Ok, fair enough. A Google search tended to throw up comparisons with Nvidia and Roku so made it sound like a bog standard Android tv device.

Sounds like an upgrade to my Roku Ultra. Assuming it supports all the streaming channels. Does it support DVD and Blue-Ray ISO with menus?
*Supports BD/UHD Blu-ray menu playback and gapless branching playback of Blu-rays with complex MPLS structure.

Back