WiiM Light - No Music Services

Vandi

I've got a WiiM Light in my daughters room as an alarm clock and trying to figure out how to get it to show anything other than "sounds" and "radio" in the WiiM Light app alarm setup. I've setup Tidal in the WiiM Home app for her, and I can see things that are playing from Tidal on WiiM Home from the WiiM light app but no joy getting Tidal to show up in the WiiM Light app to setup an alarm. Anyone have any luck with this?

Instructions from WiiM: https://faq4light.wiimhome.com/support/solutions/articles/72000602796-setting-up-an-alarm

Screenshot of my WiiM Light App and what I should be seeing per the documentation are attached.

Attachments

• IMG_4514.PNG
    IMG_4514.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot 2024-09-25 at 4.57.37 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-25 at 4.57.37 PM.png
    153.2 KB · Views: 7
Hi, great to hear you picked up our WiiM Wake-up Light. The feature you're asking about isn't supported yet, but it is definitely one we are looking to implement, but we don't have a ETA on it yet. Hope your daughter can use the current sounds or radios stations for now.

Hi, great to hear you picked up our WiiM Wake-up Light. The feature you're asking about isn't supported yet, but it is definitely one we are looking to implement, but we don't have a ETA on it yet. Hope your daughter can use the current sounds or radios stations for now.
There are literally instructions in the documentation that say “or your favorite albums from your subscribed music stations”. That is literally why I bought the WiiM light for her. Very very disappointing that I can’t trust the advertised feature-set (screenshot attached). I thought you guys were better than that.IMG_4526.jpeg

I ended up giving my WiiM light away. In terms of updates and response to issues, the Light seems like a forgotten stepchild. It pains me to say that as I really like their other products (have a Mini, Pro, Pro Plus and Ultra....)

Back