WiiM Mini Firmware v4.6.620757 Update - Jun 21, 2024

WiiM Team

Administrator
Staff member
Please review the WiiM Mini update release notes below. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out to us.

What's New:

1. 10-band PEQ: Customize your sound with the new Parametric Equalizer.
2. Qobuz Login Enhancement: Updated Qobuz OAuth2 login to support third-party login.
3. Refined Input Auto-Sensing: Enhanced behavior ensures seamless audio transitions.
4. HTTP API Update: Updated to provide complete current playback information.

Bug Fixes:

1. TIDAL Connect: Fixed incorrect artwork display.

Last edited:
Strange I have 10 band on same firmware

Attachments

• IMG_0377.png
    IMG_0377.png
    836.9 KB · Views: 4
So I gave the 10 band PEQ a try… and it didn’t seem to apply any equalization to the audio.

Wi-Fi input (airplay) -> Bluetooth output

Found the same to be true also with the GEQ on the latest firmware. Even the craziest huge EQ swings had no effect on the output.

Am I missing something? Is this maybe a bug with eq and the Bluetooth output?

Seriously, blutooth are not for serious music listening. It’s sound compress, lack depth poor definition. I guess to those listener quality don’t matter as long it produce music.

Seriously, blutooth are not for serious music listening. It’s sound compress, lack depth poor definition. I guess to those listener quality don’t matter as long it produce music.
I have several WiiMs - this one is for a portable battery powered garden speaker that could really use some EQ.

It’s admittedly a somewhat novel use. But it’s pretty neat that I can use that Bluetooth speaker as a part of a multi-room setup (and with manually adjusted delay get them all to sync up.)

I have several WiiMs - this one is for a portable battery powered garden speaker that could really use some EQ.

It’s admittedly a somewhat novel use. But it’s pretty neat that I can use that Bluetooth speaker as a part of a multi-room setup (and with manually adjusted delay get them all to sync up.)
If you adjust the EQ on an iOS device that is transmitting Airplay, will it not apply?

If you adjust the EQ on an iOS device that is transmitting Airplay, will it not apply?

Do you mean the EQ built into the iOS/Music app?

If so, unfortunately that won’t really help, it’s just a bunch of preset eq curves. Not customizable. And if it does work over airplay, then it would affect all speakers connected - not ideal.

Back