WiiM Pro Plus Firmware v4.8.620451 Update - Jun 18, 2024

@Falcon - why the angry face? It’s been known for a long time that room correction would only be available at first on iOS devices given that they are low in number and their mic characteristics well known, unlike the myriad number of Android devices and their varied mics. Logic alone would dictate that room correction would come first to the relatively smaller set of mics.
You can get android tablet for less than 100 but can’t do that on Apple iPad. Apple is the Lamborghini of mobile devices.

If my Pro Plus doesn’t see this update yet should I be worried or is this still the expected staged rollout?

Any ETA for Room Correction availability on Android? Will it support import of Room Correction EQ file created using other apps like REW?
No more info beyond what I said in comment #28.

Running room correction on the WiiM home app generates a set of PEQ values for your device, but equally you could have obtained a set of PEQ values from any other app and simply populated the PEQ screen in the WiiM Home app - indeed, that’s what I did with HouseCurve before WiiM intoroduced RC on their iOS app. So, yes if you get REW to generate your PEQ settings, you can enter those into the WiiM app PEQ screen.

Edit: indeed if you borrow an iOS device and run RC on that for your WiiM, you can then see the results in your android app as the resulting peq values are stored on your WiiM device, not in the WiiM home app.

No more info beyond what I said in comment #28.

Running room correction on the WiiM home app generates a set of PEQ values for your device, but equally you could have obtained a set of PEQ values from any other app and simply populated the PEQ screen in the WiiM Home app - indeed, that’s what I did with HouseCurve before WiiM intoroduced RC on their iOS app. So, yes if you get REW to generate your PEQ settings, you can enter those into the WiiM app PEQ screen.

Edit: indeed if you borrow an iOS device and run RC on that for your WiiM, you can then see the results in your android app as the resulting peq values are stored on your WiiM device, not in the WiiM home app.
See this other post.
Post in thread 'Room correction' https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/room-correction.3850/post-62066

Back