WiiM Mini hangs itself up

le_pat

Hello everyone,

I've been experiencing an issue with my device for the past two days where it keeps hanging up intermittently. The only way to get it working again is by unplugging it from the power source and then plugging it back in. After doing so, everything seems to work fine, including playing music. However, once I stop using it, the device hangs up again.

Has anyone else encountered a similar problem or have any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hello everyone,

I've been experiencing an issue with my device for the past two days where it keeps hanging up intermittently. The only way to get it working again is by unplugging it from the power source and then plugging it back in. After doing so, everything seems to work fine, including playing music. However, once I stop using it, the device hangs up again.

Has anyone else encountered a similar problem or have any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance for your help!
What colour is the led when it hangs?

Standard reply... have you tried a reset?
Hold play button on top down for 10 secs.

The led is white, but not bright, like in standby mode. I'll try a reset, which I was hoping to avoid to prevent having to reconfigure everything...

Edit 5 minutes later: just did the reset to find out: no reconfiguration needed. Cool. Now I have to wait and see if the hang up is gone…

Last edited:
Well, after feeling like the problem was solved yesterday, I have to realize today that the device has hung up again. Too bad. Does anyone have another suggestion, or is the device broken?

tl;dr: try another USB adapter.

I had something similar happen today. A WiiM Mini that has worked fine kept dropping off the Wi-Fi. First it dropped off 5 GHz about 5 minutes after booting up (I had it forced to 5 GHz and roaming disabled) , and reconnected on 2.4 GHz, then it disappeared (crashed? locked up? unsure... I had disabled the status LED). After factory reset and trying to put it beside the router, I couldn't even get it to connect at all. Spent a few hours on trying different things. My other WiiM devices worked fine.

The culprit ended up being the USB adapter. Been working fine for 6 months, but I switched it out for a quality one and it's working great now.

I'll gladly give it a try. However, I'm using the adapter that came with it. That should work, shouldn’t it? Well, I'm still waiting for a response from support (I opened a ticket), and then we'll see. Until then, I'll try another USB adapter.

I'm using the adapter that came with it. That should work, shouldn’t it?
USB adapters can go bad over time. Not unheard of. It looks like it works fine for most people, and it did for a while for me. It turns out I don't use the supplied USB adapter for my other, older WiiM Mini for other reasons, so the sample size is still 1 for me.

Here's the feedback: After several days without interruption, I can assume that it was indeed the USB adapter. Everything works as it should with the new adapter. Thank you for the valuable tip.

Back