Wiim Pro paired with powered subwoofer

vadakootnikhil

hello team,

This is my first time in this community.

I intended to get Wiim Pro so that I could connect an SVS 1000-powered subwoofer to my stereo Apple HomePods.

Is that anything that can be done?

Cheers

I’m not sure you’re going to find anything that can accomplish that including a WiiM Pro.
thank you very much for your quick reply. is it possible to connect the powered subwoofer to wiim pro, and use airplay to connect with apple 4k tv?

hello team,

This is my first time in this community.

I intended to get Wiim Pro so that I could connect an SVS 1000-powered subwoofer to my stereo Apple HomePods.

Is that anything that can be done?

Cheers
Something you may wish to consider. See below, can use your WiiM and toslink to this Fosi Aufio DA2120A. It has an outlet for a sub.

Fosi Audio DA2120A Bluetooth 5.0 DAC Hi-Fi Stereo Receiver Audio Amplifier Support aptX 2.1 CH Integrated Class D Digital Power Amp for Passive Speakers Active Subwoofer with Remote Control https://a.co/d/6XJIUrM

There’s no sub out on the WiiM. More importantly AirPlay is only for input, not output. You’re going to have real sync problems with a line level sub combined with airplay only speakers - not going to happen. You need a real integrated amp with a sub out (crossover hopefully) and normal speakers.

Not quite the same, wondering if success with Apple Home Pods (2), no subwoofer, and PRO with Apple TV. Just got the Home Pods, better sound to me than existing Samsung Sound Bar and sub, HDMI out from Apple TV to ARC in Samsung TV? Any comments appreciated. New PRO working great on Ethernet.

You can connect a powered subwoofer pretty much to anything. If your subwoofer amp has RCA hook ups, you run the RCA from your external DAC or WiiM to your sub, and from the sub to your amp. If it doesn’t have the RCA hook ups, but it has right / left speakers hook ups then your will run speaker wires from your amp to your sub, and from your sub to your speakers.

The WIIM supports airplay so in theory you could hook one up to a sub and group it with your pods. You could also get a used airport express (since Apple is Apple and maybe they don't like you adding third party speakers to airplay) This guy explains how:

Back