WiiM Pro Plus & Amazon Music

MattH

Seems like I'm only getting the option to cast from Amazon Music via Chromecast, which results in low res quality only.

Hi res is no problem when playing Amazon Music via the WiiM app, which is a workaround, but not ideal.

Am I correct in thinking I can only have either Chromecast or Amazon Alexa set up on my WiiM and not both?

Thanks!

Seems like I'm only getting the option to cast from Amazon Music via Chromecast, which results in low res quality only.

Hi res is no problem when playing Amazon Music via the WiiM app, which is a workaround, but not ideal.

Am I correct in thinking I can only have either Chromecast or Amazon Alexa set up on my WiiM and not both?

Thanks!
I don't think so. You can use both. In the WiiM app, tap the Alexa icon in the Music Services section of the Browse menu and log in with your Amazon account.

Thanks!
Chromecast from the Amazon Music app should deliver up to CD quality.

Have you enabled AlexaCast (if available in your region) by linking the WiiM Home app via the Amazon Alexa entry there? You can have both that and Chromecast enabled.

Fixed! Thank you both! Had the Amazon Music set up, but not the Alexacast!! Doh!

Doesn't help that "Amazon Alexa" is at the bottom of an alphabetical list on the Music Services list, but I still should have spotted it.. 😂

Back