WiiM Pro Plus not longer sending home stereo to Sonos

Steve251

My WiiM PP used to be able to send my stereo to my Sonos Arc/Era 300 but I have not used it for a while and recently I added a new Sonos speaker a Move 2 and it was a nightmare getting Sonos to work. So much so that I spent 5 hours on the phone with Sonos before they could get it to work.

A week later I went to use my Wiim to play a Quadio CD that I got but there was now no option to send it to Sonos.
I removed and re-added the device linking it back to the Wi-Fi but what appears to be missing is Airplay2 as an output

I have tried the manual several times, Googled it and looked on YouTube but no luck

Has it changed? How can I fix it?

TIA

Steve

My WiiM PP used to be able to send my stereo to my Sonos Arc/Era 300 but I have not used it for a while and recently I added a new Sonos speaker a Move 2 and it was a nightmare getting Sonos to work. So much so that I spent 5 hours on the phone with Sonos before they could get it to work.

A week later I went to use my Wiim to play a Quadio CD that I got but there was now no option to send it to Sonos.
I removed and re-added the device linking it back to the Wi-Fi but what appears to be missing is Airplay2 as an output

I have tried the manual several times, Googled it and looked on YouTube but no luck

Has it changed? How can I fix it?

TIA

Steve

How were you connecting your WiiM to Sonos? Chromecast or AirPlay?

AirPlay casting to other devices had to be removed from all WiiM devices.

If this is a problem for you (obviously it is) they ask you to file a ticket through the WiiM Home app (Settings >> Send us feedback) to further discuss available options.

I filed a ticket and was told repeatedly that Wiim will not whitelist my Pro + even though I have older firmware and havent connected it up since March. I dont understand. Was told that the newer application versions also removed casting even if older firmware. So I do not see how to keep airplay casting if wiim refuses to whitelist anymore.

Back