WiiM Pro Plus on offer at Amazon.co.uk

Gutted. If only I waited, paid £219 last week 😪
you can message amazon support and sometimes they will refund the difference.

alternatively. you can order a new one at the current price. leave it in the box and create a return for your previous order - ship the new one back... 🤔

you can message amazon support and sometimes they will refund the difference.

alternatively. you can order a new one at the current price. leave it in the box and create a return for your previous order - ship the new one back... 🤔
Fine new world....😠

This is not my business practice. But I don't mean to pry..
lmao, you're acting as if it's something shady. :ROFLMAO: it's a mutually beneficial "business practice" for both retailers and customers - as it helps smooth out demand. instead of people waiting for deals to hit the shelves (e.g. black friday) they can buy earlier...

i'm not suggesting anyone do this with a purchase that is not within its return period.

even consumer reports has a page on this:
1718278433300.png

It’s a benefit that can easily be abused, and I’ve known of cases where Amazon have closed people’s accounts if they overdo it. I’d speak to Amazon first and see if they’d offer a partial refund or whether they suggest returning the first unit (particularly in the case of an Amazon device registered to your account) and re-purchasing

We call such practices "halbseiden", no idea if half-silk is common or even existing in English. Not really illegal, but...
We have no Amazon accounts but I can imagine sometimes they check serial numbers or so.

It’s a benefit that can easily be abused, and I’ve known of cases where Amazon have closed people’s accounts if they overdo it. I’d speak to Amazon first and see if they’d offer a partial refund or whether they suggest returning the first unit (particularly in the case of an Amazon device registered to your account) and re-purchasing
When I bought a Topping E30 from Amazon they dropped the price immediately after my purchase. I contacted them to ask if they would refund the difference but the system probably doesn't allow that so they recommended that I return and buy again. Mad but true since they have to deal with a used product returned to them.

We call such practices "halbseiden", no idea if half-silk is common or even existing in English. Not really illegal, but...
We have no Amazon accounts but I can imagine sometimes they check serial numbers or so.
well, regardless of your opinions, it still is the store's own policy that any item can be returned for any reason within 30 days. including finding the same product at a better price elsewhere. i didn't come up with the policy! 😅

if you want to be pedantic about it - the old one can be shipped back and the new one kept. but the way i'm proposing - contacting customer service for a partial refund is the more economical option, and i think the fairest one for all parties involved. and also this way you don't have an opened box WiiM that can't be sold as new... 🤷‍♂️

amazon specifically don't always do this - and as @slartibartfast mentioned they often tell you to place the order again etc. but that's their own fault for having policies like that which end up costing THEM more - for the same overall result.

My issue wasn't an issue if you get in contact with them BEFORE. And the last two lines of your initial post for that remains at least shady in my eyes. End of broadcast.

My issue wasn't an issue if you get in contact with them BEFORE. And the last two lines of your initial post for that remains at least shady in my eyes. End of broadcast.
lmao! i did say to contact them first.

+ that's what amazon support will tell you to do if you contact them most of the time... 🤦‍♂️ see @slartibartfast post.

again - it's their policies. not mine. i'm just telling you what will happen. if you wanna let that get your panties in a bunch. contact them, and call THEM shady not me!! 🤣

Back