WiiM Pro Plus Per-Source Volume Control reset by Airplay

apium

Hi,

I have my WiiM Pro Plus set with Per-Source Volume Control enabled, this works fine until I send media to it using Airplay and change the volume through my phone, this sets not only the volume for the Ethernet media source, but also for all other sources. Is there a workaround for this or will it require a fix and software update?

Thanks

Have you tried the new Pre-Gain settings, available in the Audio Input page? This should ensure that the relative loudness between different sources remains the same, no matter what.

Somehow I never found Per-Source Volume Control to work like I expected it to do. But maybe that's just me. Pre-Gain works fine for me.

Thanks harkpabst, yes I’ve tried that, but the feature I really need is the per-source volume as while one source is usually lower it’s not a given so the issue is still present.

It also seems to negatively affect the sound quality at higher gains.

It also seems to negatively affect the sound quality at higher gains.
Stay away from positiv gain for "modern" sources, use it sparingly with older, mostly analogue sources and sound quality shouldn't be an issue.

However, if it doesn't solve your problem it's probably best to rather invest the time in giving feedback to WiiM, as suggested by @Burnside .

Back