Wiim Pro Plus power on off

Steve251

I dont think I can power on or off my WiiM Pro Plus with the supplied remote control.
The front top light is either white solid or green solid
I usually now have to remove the USB C cable to power it off

Has my unit gone faulty?
I have tried a new set of batteries and pulled a pair from a working RC but no change

Steve

I dont think I can power on or off my WiiM Pro Plus with the supplied remote control.
The front top light is either white solid or green solid
I usually now have to remove the USB C cable to power it off

Has my unit gone faulty?
I have tried a new set of batteries and pulled a pair from a working RC but no change

Steve
Pretty sure it's either standby or on; no off as such.
As you've seen, pull the plug to fully turn it off if you really want/ need to. (Or just turn off the plug!)

And now for the obvious question... why?
Trying to think of any piece of electronics I own that has a real off mode.

Pretty sure it's either standby or on; no off as such.
As you've seen, pull the plug to fully turn it off if you really want/ need to. (Or just turn off the plug!)

And now for the obvious question... why?
Trying to think of any piece of electronics I own that has a real off mode.
Let me re-phrase my question. I cannot put my WiiM into standby mode using the remote. Pressing the big red button does nothing. I am not trying to power it down completely.

This might or might not be related in any way, but with my WiiM Amp I find the power/stand-by button on my remote to be rather unresponsive. I often find myself pressing it twice or for a longer time, e.g. one full second.

To be clear, I seem to observe this behaviour even when the volume or source buttons are working as expected, so I believe this to be specific to the power button.

Back