Wiim Pro to Denon x3700

Donaldinc

Placed an order for the Wiim Pro so I can enjoy Tidal at higher than 44k sound on my Denon x3700. Does anyone have tips on connecting the Wiim Pro to the Denon x3700 for the best sound? I intend on using Tidal Hifi+.

Edit* Hifi+

Last edited:
Sorry to be pedantic, but Tidal hi fi is capped at 44khz, right?
Or do you mean hi fi plus?

I don't believe denon support mqa, so I think your best option would be to enable core decoding, up to 96khz, in the wiim app and set the dac capabilities option to no mqa.

I don't believe denon support mqa, so I think your best option would be to enable core decoding, up to 96khz, in the wiim app and set the dac capabilities option to no mqa.
Should I be using the rca for analog sound over digital to leverage the dac on the Wiim Pro? I'm not sure if the dac is better than that of the x3700.

Well, the x3700 isn't a cheap bit of kit.
You might hope that its dac is better than the one in the pro.
Only way to know which sound you like best is to try them both!
optical out vs coax out is also personal preference.

Do you know where in settings to do this? I could not find a way to do this.

Have you set the Output Resolution in the Wiim app? It's under Device > (Gear Icon) > Audio settings > SPDIF Output Resolution (or Coax if you're using that) . I run the Wiim pro optical out into my Denon and it plays at 192/24

wiim.jpg

Back