Wiim Ultra 8 units in MULTI-ROOM setup (Working Great!!!) a few wishes/issues. JW002-JW008

Zphvrq

Firstly, GREAT JOB WIIM.. Fastest and smoothest installs ever. Everything was unboxed and installed in about 2 hours of work.
I am replacing my WHOLE HOUSE SONOS with these WIIM ULTRA'S and so far, in just 2 days the system is already better than my SONOS system.
I do have a few issues that I hope can / will be resolved with the NEXT FEW FIRMWARE UPDATES.

JW002: Screen Saver to go completely dark during sleep mode.
ANSWER: WIIM already said it was in the next release coming. So that is awesome.

JW003: Presets not working with Home Share.
Seems like the preset options do not even show up when you're using local library music it seems to only work with Tidal and other streaming services.
Seems like the same problem is happening with the recently played it seems to be dropping local home storage files.
I haven't gotten completely clear on the issues, but it would be great if PLAYLISTS/PRESETS didn't care about the source material.
ANSWER: ???

JW004: Master and Slave show album art
It doesn't make any sense that the slave units are showing the music equalizer playback.
It would be much better if all the units would simply display the same album art.
Also remove from the player words like GROUP SLAVE and such..
ANSWER:

JW005: Groups MADE much easier.
I would like the group function to just be more simple and fluid let me describe my ideas.
If a unit is the master of a group and I want to take it out of that group simply let me uncheck it and then make a different unit the master that exists in the group.
If I have slaves in a group and I want to move those to another group allow me to assign a unit to another group even if it's part of an existing group.
That action would simply move it from one group to another.
It doesn't make any sense needing to remove unit from a group before I can add it to another it just adds extra work and extra confusion.

JW006: Multiple Album Queue
When I am SEARCHING an artist or a group of albums I would like to be able to multi-select those albums by simply long holding them and having it select them.
Then I would like instead of a play button I would like a play or add to end of queue button option.
I don't always want to replace the queue but currently the play button always replaces the existing queue. Need a play now, play it end of queue.

JW007: Playlist should effortlessly cross all systems.
From Home Share to Tidal etc. This of course is what ROON tries to do this, But seems Wiim is pretty close to it, with a few more tweaks.

Thanks again for making an awesome product can't wait to see improvements as they come down the pike.

Firstly, GREAT JOB WIIM.. Fastest and smoothest installs ever. Everything was unboxed and installed in about 2 hours of work.
I am replacing my WHOLE HOUSE SONOS with these WIIM ULTRA'S and so far, in just 2 days the system is already better than my SONOS system.
I do have a few issues that I hope can / will be resolved with the NEXT FEW FIRMWARE UPDATES.

JW002: Screen Saver to go completely dark during sleep mode.
ANSWER: WIIM already said it was in the next release coming. So that is awesome.

JW003: Presets not working with Home Share.
Seems like the preset options do not even show up when you're using local library music it seems to only work with Tidal and other streaming services.
Seems like the same problem is happening with the recently played it seems to be dropping local home storage files.
I haven't gotten completely clear on the issues, but it would be great if PLAYLISTS/PRESETS didn't care about the source material.
ANSWER: ???

JW004: Master and Slave show album art
It doesn't make any sense that the slave units are showing the music equalizer playback.
It would be much better if all the units would simply display the same album art.
Also remove from the player words like GROUP SLAVE and such..
ANSWER:

JW005: Groups MADE much easier.
I would like the group function to just be more simple and fluid let me describe my ideas.
If a unit is the master of a group and I want to take it out of that group simply let me uncheck it and then make a different unit the master that exists in the group.
If I have slaves in a group and I want to move those to another group allow me to assign a unit to another group even if it's part of an existing group.
That action would simply move it from one group to another.
It doesn't make any sense needing to remove unit from a group before I can add it to another it just adds extra work and extra confusion.

JW006: Multiple Album Queue
When I am SEARCHING an artist or a group of albums I would like to be able to multi-select those albums by simply long holding them and having it select them.
Then I would like instead of a play button I would like a play or add to end of queue button option.
I don't always want to replace the queue but currently the play button always replaces the existing queue. Need a play now, play it end of queue.

JW007: Playlist should effortlessly cross all systems.
From Home Share to Tidal etc. This of course is what ROON tries to do this, But seems Wiim is pretty close to it, with a few more tweaks.

Thanks again for making an awesome product can't wait to see improvements as they come down the pike.
Hi Zphvrq,

Below are the updates in response to your inquiries:

1. JW003: We are currently developing this feature and anticipate its release within the next two weeks.

2. JW004: This feature has been implemented. The forthcoming firmware update will enable the display of current playing metadata on both master and slave devices.

3. JW005: We are preparing to launch both beta firmware and a corresponding app update to simplify group management. These enhancements will allow you to easily create and name groups, facilitating the grouping of multiple devices. Should the beta test be ready for release, we will contact you directly.

4. JW006 & JW007: Enhancements to our queue management system are underway. These improvements will support the features requested in JW006 and JW007.

Please let me know if you need further details on any of these points.

Thanks,
WiiM Support

Last edited:
You guys make me cry when you respond so quickly and so thoroughly with positive and supportive responses.

I'm so used to Sonos saying no, no, no, heck no. Followed by why would you want anything like that.

I promise you guys if you keep listening to your customers your product is going to blow all the competition away.

Being responsive to your customers is the last art that has been killed by the world of robots and hiding behind email and chat boxes. I'm super excited to work with a company that cares about it's customers and realizes all they have to do is listen.

You guys make me cry when you respond so quickly and so thoroughly with positive and supportive responses.

I'm so used to Sonos saying no, no, no, heck no. Followed by why would you want anything like that.

I promise you guys if you keep listening to your customers your product is going to blow all the competition away.

Being responsive to your customers is the last art that has been killed by the world of robots and hiding behind email and chat boxes. I'm super excited to work with a company that cares about it's customers and realizes all they have to do is listen.
Updates for JW004 - Display of Current Playing Metadata on Master and Slave Devices

We have identified some bugs in this feature, and our engineers are actively working on fixing them. Consequently, this feature will not be included in the next firmware release. Once the issues are resolved, we will release this feature promptly.

Hi Zphvrq,

Below are the updates in response to your inquiries:

1. JW003: We are currently developing this feature and anticipate its release within the next two weeks.

2. JW004: This feature has been implemented. The forthcoming firmware update will enable the display of current playing metadata on both master and slave devices.

3. JW005: We are preparing to launch both beta firmware and a corresponding app update to simplify group management. These enhancements will allow you to easily create and name groups, facilitating the grouping of multiple devices. Should the beta test be ready for release, we will contact you directly.

4. JW006 & JW007: Enhancements to our queue management system are underway. These improvements will support the features requested in JW006 and JW007.

Please let me know if you need further details on any of these points.

Thanks,
WiiM Support
I was wondering if JW004 is in the next release? Album Art on Multi-room Slave Units

I was wondering if JW004 is in the next release? Album Art on Multi-room Slave Units
Hi Zphvrq,

We plan to release the fix for the slave unit's display early next week. Please stay tuned!

Back