WiiM Ultra - Add Dirac Live w/mic and a nice 7-10" programmable touch OLED display for play controls, blue VU meters, Cover Art and Song/Artist info

Logitech killed off hope for a next gen Squeezebox and Apple is too busy counting their money to remember what Steve Jobs envisioned with Cover Flow. The use case for music should always include a public display, so everyone in the room can see what's playing and interact with it. Folks have been so lost in their phones (I get it) they've missed the sheer, tactile joy of being a kid sitting in the booth at the diner and flipping through the rolodex of songs on the table jukebox.

then take my money, I'll put one in every room.
Hi, @D700
For now, the WiiM team is planning automatic sound correction using the built-in microphone of the WiiM console and remote control. I don't know how effective this will be, but I'm looking forward to their work.🙂

Hi, @D700
For now, the WiiM team is planning automatic sound correction using the built-in microphone of the WiiM console and remote control. I don't know how effective this will be, but I'm looking forward to their work.🙂

That's a step in the right direction...I'll take it!

High quality room correction . High quality circuits and smart design . Hire some QAs and some experienced and talented sound engineers to refine the designs.

Logitech killed off hope for a next gen Squeezebox and Apple is too busy counting their money to remember what Steve Jobs envisioned with Cover Flow. The use case for music should always include a public display, so everyone in the room can see what's playing and interact with it. Folks have been so lost in their phones (I get it) they've missed the sheer, tactile joy of being a kid sitting in the booth at the diner and flipping through the rolodex of songs on the table jukebox.

I so very much disagree. I much prefer listening to music with my family in a room with no screens. Want to know what song is playing? Ask. What to pick the next song? Discuss and decide.

The idea that our listening experience would somehow benefit from a tiny screen or that someone would enjoy exploring a seemingly endless music library using said tiny screen and some small knobs and dials is comically absurd to me.

We tried this Chromecast TV with Roon in our living room for a few days. Like often new features have a fascination. But after a short while the big screen seems to dominate everything and the best of all wives ordered to stop. She knows what she is listening and if not it does not matter for her. If the song is impressive enough she looks on the small screen of the Atom or on her phone or tablet.
And if we have guests with interest in music it is always a childish game who recognizes the song first 😉

I so very much disagree. I much prefer listening to music with my family in a room with no screens. Want to know what song is playing? Ask. What to pick the next song? Discuss and decide.

The idea that our listening experience would somehow benefit from a tiny screen or that someone would enjoy exploring a seemingly endless music library using said tiny screen and some small knobs and dials is comically absurd to me.

"Comically absurd"? You better hurry up and let Dr Zhao know what you think @elmoe

Wiim Ultra in development

Thanks Dr Zhao!

Newest wish…headless Wiim units with virtual dock mode for tablets or phones. Put device in a dock, magsafe or whatever, on power and have Wiim ”music playing” as screensaver/wallpaper. Probably doable with software now.

WANTED: Dedicated subwoofer out with bass management software. This would be Ultra Ultra

Back