'Wrapped' Style Listening Stats

moo369

Seeing simple stats for most listened tracks, artists and genres would be awesome, especially if these could be combined across all streaming options into a single 'Wiim Wrapped' style list, which could be shared on Social media via a web link.

The social media sharing feature would then have the added benefit of advertising the Wiim brand too.

Seeing simple stats for most listened tracks, artists and genres would be awesome, especially if these could be combined across all streaming options into a single 'Wiim Wrapped' style list, which could be shared on Social media via a web link.

The social media sharing feature would then have the added benefit of advertising the Wiim brand too.
interesting idea you've brought up. i wouldn't really be the target for such a feature since i use Last.fm scrobbling from within Qobuz and also roon + LMS. so maybe for me last.fm scrobbling integration from within the WiiM app would be a good enough solution.

perhaps this is another partnering opportunity that WiiM could explore? imagine that - they could integrate all the data from last.fm including all the live shows and stuff. i guess we can dream/speculate!

I'm an Amazon Music user, so Last.FM isn't an option. There are other third party options for Amazon , but they're a bit hit and miss, and any tracks I play through the Wiim app don't even register as being played if you look in the Amazon app anyway. So currently I don't have any way of seeing a history of tracks played via Wiim, other than through 'Recently Played' in the library.

Even just expanding this with a count of the number of times played would be better than nothing.

Hmmm. What kind of device are you using to control your music? If you have an Android device, then the last.fm app can run in the background and scrobble songs that way.

1000002906.png
Another possibility is becoming a convert/cult member of the LMS clan! That has a plugin that can scrobble any song from any source that you play with LMS. Pretty nifty

I use Android for the Wiim app, and I've just downloaded Last.fm, which I haven't used since the days of iTunes on my old Mac. I didn't actually realise it worked with Amazon Music, so thanks for that. Unfortunately though, it still doesn't recognise anything played via the Wiim app, so it's not going to be the solution by the looks of it :confused:

I'm just guessing, but I suspect none of the third party apps would work, for the same reason. I suspect Amazon's API only supplies data based on tracks played directly through their own app. I suppose I could start using the Amazon app instead, but that defeats the object.

The other option could be for Wiim to provide the data to third parties via their own API, but I imagine it'd be in their interest to keep the data 'in-house' rather than share it.

Do you need to play Amazon through the wiim app instead of the amazon app for a particular reason, such as physical location (i.e. where you live)?

Using the Wiim via the Amazon app can be a frustrating experience. Sometimes it works fine, but others it just won't connect to the device.

Using the Wiim via the Amazon app can be a frustrating experience. Sometimes it works fine, but others it just won't connect to the device.
Fair enough!
I don't recall having many alexacast connectivity issues when I had Amazon; I got rid of it 'cos of the app itself & the way it worked.

Agreed, it's pretty poor. I've just tried it again as an experiment to check the Last.FM integration, and everything worked fine until I paused the music to make myself a drink.

When I got back, the Amazon app wouldn't connect to any device (Wiim or Echos) until I rebooted everything, including the router :rolleyes:. Don't really fancy having to do that every time I want to pause a track for a few minutes!

Agreed, it's pretty poor. I've just tried it again as an experiment to check the Last.FM integration, and everything worked fine until I paused the music to make myself a drink.

When I got back, the Amazon app wouldn't connect to any device (Wiim or Echos) until I rebooted everything, including the router :rolleyes:. Don't really fancy having to do that every time I want to pause a track for a few minutes!
oof, yeh the amazon music experience is actually horrendous. i had to get the trail to listen to the new Kanye album (qobuz still doesn't have it :rolleyes: ) but man even for free i was having a hard time using the service - are you sure you can't switch to something better? :LOL: tidal is really good overall.

in Pano Scrobbler linked above WiiM Home App doesn't show up in the list automatically. but you can add it manually. maybe give that a go if you are playing around with options anyways? unfortunately i have multiple layers of redundancy in my scrobbling these days LMS/qobuz app/roon so i can't properly test it without logging out of everything first...

I would love for WiiM to integrate scrobbling and other similar convenience features like lyrics etc - but other things seem to be a priority now. maybe when the pace of hardware releases slows down a bit - we can see an expansion of this stuff in the WHA.

Thanks, I've downloaded Pano Scrobbler, so I'll have a play around with it.

The main thing I like about Amazon Music is the price 😀 I already pay for Prime, so it works out pretty cheap. The ease of getting Alexa to play what they want is a bonus for the wife and kids too, so switching's probably not an option for that reason.

Thanks, I've downloaded Pano Scrobbler, so I'll have a play around with it.

The main thing I like about Amazon Music is the price 😀 I already pay for Prime, so it works out pretty cheap. The ease of getting Alexa to play what they want is a bonus for the wife and kids too, so switching's probably not an option for that reason.
i'm curious - did scrobbling from the last.fm app by selecting WHA work for you in the end??

I set up Pano Scrobbler, but even though you can select WHA to scrobble from, it doesn't actually do it :(

I do wonder if Wiim enabled the playback controls for Android whether it would then start to work.

Back