20 Band Geq

Turho76

Hello everybidy! We have already requested it countless times, we also requested it in the app, I will enter it here as well. Stereo 20 band Geq, with finer steps. Because there are too many jumps for 10 bars. It would be great if there were 20-25 Hz, and an intermediate band in more places, but also 6k, 12k, 14k... It's okay if it's not per channel, but please, 20 BAND GEQ OPTIONALLY CHOOSABLE . Graphically, it might be possible to solve a 2x10 lane layout, in 2 rows. (Perhaps auto Gain would also be useful). Is that too much to ask? Could the hardware handle it? We've been asking for months. Thanks for the support. Regards.

@WiiM Support @WiiM Team

I thought it would fit an extra function that you don't have to use if someone doesn't need it. There are those who need it. There are things that I consider unnecessary, but I'm not saying that they should be removed from the program.....🙄

Hello everybidy! We have already requested it countless times, we also requested it in the app, I will enter it here as well. Stereo 20 band Geq, with finer steps. Because there are too many jumps for 10 bars. It would be great if there were 20-25 Hz, and an intermediate band in more places, but also 6k, 12k, 14k... It's okay if it's not per channel, but please, 20 BAND GEQ OPTIONALLY CHOOSABLE . Graphically, it might be possible to solve a 2x10 lane layout, in 2 rows. (Perhaps auto Gain would also be useful). Is that too much to ask? Could the hardware handle it? We've been asking for months. Thanks for the support. Regards.

@WiiM Support @WiiM Team
Who are you referring to when you say 'We', and where are the countless requests you mention?

Understand. But why don't you use PEQ? Maybe you can explain it. Is the PEQ too complicated?
Don't get me wrong, but isn't it a little weird that there's a feature that x amount of people want, and now the people who don't need it have an explanation on our end? :) I don't understand, what's your problem if there is an optional 20 band geq function that can be turned on? So it's optional. Doesn't fit, is it confusing? I don't understand why I have to explain myself, it's partly a matter of taste and practicality. GEQ is easier to handle in some ways. I'm 50 years old, I still had an analog 2x31-band eq device 35 years ago, which could be used to correct very finely. 31 tracks! My problem now is that I'm missing the 10 bars. It's a very big leap from 1-2-4-8-16 kHz to each other, timbre-wise. Well, that's it. In any case, I didn't expect you to write down an idea that you don't need - but others would be happy about. I'll say it again: I asked for it as a non-mandatory feature, not everyone has to use it. :) Thanks for thinking about it.

Who are you referring to when you say 'We', and where are the countless requests you mention?
There are Wiim users, a Facebook group, and a circle of friends who also use e.g. the Pro Plus, Amp. I am not a member of this forum. I requested it from WiimHome itself, and we have already requested the 20 tracks a few times. I also requested it as an extra feature. But I also registered and entered it here so that if there is a way, you can support it, think about it. It is not mandatory to use it, but some people would be happy with it. :)

on this account, the idea already suggested here by some, of a physio mode adjustable like "old Yamaha amp" etc,, as for night listening at low level etc, seems to concern many more people than this famous "us"
;-)

I'm not against GEQ, I just think it doesn't have any advantages. I encourage you to try PEQ. Just play with it. What you see is exactly what you get. At first those parameters may seem complicated, but believe me, they are not.

I'm not against GEQ, I just think it doesn't have any advantages. I encourage you to try PEQ. Just play with it. What you see is exactly what you get. At first those parameters may seem complicated, but believe me, they are not.

… and (especially) in conjunction with RC a fantastic feature… 👌🏻😃

There are Wiim users, a Facebook group, and a circle of friends who also use e.g. the Pro Plus, Amp. I am not a member of this forum. I requested it from WiimHome itself, and we have already requested the 20 tracks a few times. I also requested it as an extra feature. But I also registered and entered it here so that if there is a way, you can support it, think about it. It is not mandatory to use it, but some people would be happy with it. :)
I have never found the need for tone controls, and graphic equalisers were always heavily frowned upon back in the day. I don't use room correction either, but after all the fuss made about it being a must have feature on this forum, I grudgingly decided to give it a try, but didn't like the resulting awful sounds coming out of my speakers, so I promptly turned it off and returned to the much better sound that I was used to.

I have never found the need for tone controls, and graphic equalisers were always heavily frowned upon back in the day. I don't use room correction either, but after all the fuss made about it being a must have feature on this forum, I grudgingly decided to give it a try, but didn't like the resulting awful sounds coming out of my speakers, so I promptly turned it off and returned to the much better sound that I was used to.
Not sure if anybody said „it“s a must have feature“ and I guess nobody forced you … 🥴
Anyway, in my case - large „cold“ room with big windows - it works very well.
But I can imagine instances, where the result is less good - so, I envy you for not having mods etc. 👍🏻
Enjoy your sound …

Not sure if anybody said „it“s a must have feature“ and I guess nobody forced you … 🥴
Anyway, in my case - large „cold“ room with big windows - it works very well.
But I can imagine instances, where the result is less good - so, I envy you for not having mods etc. 👍🏻
Enjoy your sound …
The 20 Band GEQ is also optional, so I don't understand why it's such a big deal if the device knows it too. Up to 95 out of 100 people don't turn it on. But I'm still surprised, I didn't expect so much resistance and protest. After all, this would only make the small machine smarter, it would not harm the existing functions. Anyway, people don't think alike...

By the way, you can use the geq delicately, for me the maximum setting/band is +- 1.5 dB.

Plus one for the GEQ, nice and simple, 10 bands are fine. PEQ is too complicated and RC is useless.
How is RC useless? It is one of the most significant achievements in audio history. With the new firmware for the Pro we get separate PEQ for both stereo channels. That's pretty amazing for a device like that. I already use Genelec's GLM though.

Plus one for the GEQ, nice and simple, 10 bands are fine. PEQ is too complicated and RC is useless.
Majority find rc improved their sound system. I don’t know how long you been living under rock for saying rc is useless. If RC doesn’t improve your system maybe because your system is not revealing or using low quality sound system. What’s so hard when you just point the phone between the speaker?

The 20 Band GEQ is also optional, so I don't understand why it's such a big deal if the device knows it too. Up to 95 out of 100 people don't turn it on. But I'm still surprised, I didn't expect so much resistance and protest. After all, this would only make the small machine smarter, it would not harm the existing functions. Anyway, people don't think alike...

By the way, you can use the geq delicately, for me the maximum setting/band is +- 1.5 dB.
As you say, 95 of 100 will not use it. So, as you might figure out, development costs time and resources. If it would be your business, would you do it, if only 5% of the users would gain small benefits, as there is already a 10-band EQ, or would you invest your resources, where a majority would benefit?? 😉

Back