20 Band Geq

Turho76

Hello everybidy! We have already requested it countless times, we also requested it in the app, I will enter it here as well. Stereo 20 band Geq, with finer steps. Because there are too many jumps for 10 bars. It would be great if there were 20-25 Hz, and an intermediate band in more places, but also 6k, 12k, 14k... It's okay if it's not per channel, but please, 20 BAND GEQ OPTIONALLY CHOOSABLE . Graphically, it might be possible to solve a 2x10 lane layout, in 2 rows. (Perhaps auto Gain would also be useful). Is that too much to ask? Could the hardware handle it? We've been asking for months. Thanks for the support. Regards.

@WiiM Support @WiiM Team

I have never found the need for tone controls, and graphic equalisers were always heavily frowned upon back in the day. I don't use room correction either, but after all the fuss made about it being a must have feature on this forum, I grudgingly decided to give it a try, but didn't like the resulting awful sounds coming out of my speakers, so I promptly turned it off and returned to the much better sound that I was used to.
An audiophile will get nose bleed if someone say use tone control, eq, room correction. These type of listeners are minimalistic want the maximum signal integrity from source. I have second room which is meant for minimalistic signal goes in, goes to volume control then to amp to drive speaker.

And what's complicated about PEQ? 3 parameters and basically every software for PEQ graphically shows exactly what your filters do: "What you see is what you get." Can it get easier?

Sorry to go off topic.

Unfortunately, that is not the case with the current PEQ. In other words, "What you see is what you get." is misinterpreted.

As @harkpabst pointed out earlier, the Q values for LS and HS are not accurately reflected in the graphs; you always see the same curves even if you change the Q values. (PK is not a problem.)

1000000920.jpg

Sorry to go off topic.

Unfortunately, that is not the case with the current PEQ. In other words, "What you see is what you get." is misinterpreted.

As @harkpabst pointed out earlier, the Q values for LS and HS are not accurately reflected in the graphs; you always see the same curves even if you change the Q values. (PK is not a problem.)

View attachment 10586
Did you bring this attention to wiim so they can look at it?

Did you bring this attention to wiim so they can look at it?

I believe someone on the team has already seen it since he started the request thread earlier. (and I think the ticket has been sent.)

And No, I did not. 😜

Previously, I suggested the following - simulating DBX 1215 (an outboard stereo 15-bands GEQ)

https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/wiim-app-eq-settings.2480/post-61655

There is also 31-band version - DBX 1231. 15 or 31 bands GEQ are popular choices for outboard GEQ, audio plugs in as well as built-in GEQ for audio mixers.

FYI. GEQ is a special case of PEQ - peak filter with constant Q and at logarithmic-spaced frequencies.

May be my post was unclear. Of course RC, done right, can be a powerful tool. But what WiiM offers and I think its theme here, is only a marketing gag under false flag and is not even near to RC. It is a simple automated EQ. If you like what you get, fine. I tried it for curiosity, only to look if my mic is identified, and after every new run I got different results. And not only a bit different. But, hey. It's free. But in this form...useless.
And: Dinnae teach yer Granny tae suck eggs.
That's definitely not true. Probably 95% of room correction is the correction of the frequency response (unless you need to integrate a subwoofer and adjust its phase). Of course it is a "simple automated EQ", just like other RC systems too. That's basically what Genelec, Neumann and others do in their RC systems too. There is no magic behind it. The weak point of WiiM's RC is clearly the use of the smartphone microphone, but even with professional RC systems you don't get results that are 100% repeatable.

That's definitely not true. Probably 95% of room correction is the correction of the frequency response (unless you need to integrate a subwoofer and adjust its phase). Of course it is a "simple automated EQ", just like other RC systems too. That's basically what Genelec, Neumann and others do in their RC systems too. There is no magic behind it. The weak point of WiiM's RC is clearly the use of the smartphone microphone, but even with professional RC systems you don't get results that are 100% repeatable.
One time wiim mention they will incorporate remote as mic to work with rc.

Sorry to go off topic.

View attachment 10586

As I use PK only I do not have any issue with it! Works perfectly! 👍🏻

May be my post was unclear. Of course RC, done right, can be a powerful tool. But what WiiM offers and I think its theme here, is only a marketing gag under false flag and is not even near to RC. It is a simple automated EQ. If you like what you get, fine. I tried it for curiosity, only to look if my mic is identified, and after every new run I got different results. And not only a bit different. But, hey. It's free. But in this form...useless.
And: Dinnae teach yer Granny tae suck eggs.

Well then, fine for you too! Fortunately you don‘t have to use it… 😊

And what's complicated about PEQ? 3 parameters and basically every software for PEQ graphically shows exactly what your filters do: "What you see is what you get." Can it get easier?
For me, PEQ is not so convincing, for some reason it does not always cause as much change as it graphically shows. Dealing with overlaps is difficult. A 1-2 dB change in GEQ is sometimes more effective.....

As you say, 95 of 100 will not use it. So, as you might figure out, development costs time and resources. If it would be your business, would you do it, if only 5% of the users would gain small benefits, as there is already a 10-band EQ, or would you invest your resources, where a majority would benefit?? 😉
That's why I'd be interested in the developers' answer, sometimes I'm tired of a lot of reasoning, for example when they explain to me what's good for me and how stupid I am. But I'll see if I get an answer from the Wiim team. They can also tell if it's a big job or not, I think. If my wish is too big or excessive, I will understand. I'm not stupid about the subject at all, I was a county television sound engineer and broadcaster for 10 years. 😉🙄
@WiiM Support @WiiM Team
please, will you give me an answer to my 20 band GEQ request? Good day everyone!

Majority find rc improved their sound system. I don’t know how long you been living under rock for saying rc is useless. If RC doesn’t improve your system maybe because your system is not revealing or using low quality sound system. What’s so hard when you just point the phone between the speaker?
I never said all rc is useless, just Wiims, but if the others work like Wiims , then they must be useless too.
Don't be troubled by the rock I been living under.

Back