A question about the Ultra

Thebrenn1

I have an Ultra for the most part it works, but that has only been because of multiple tickets sent. I see potential, but is the Ultra not ready for prime time? Should I return it while I still can? 2 days remaining. Don't get me wrong it's a device I really want to keep, but my bugs and the many bugs I see on the forum concern me

Entirely your decision, but mine does what I want it to do
Same here. It just works.

And I'm using quite a couple of its features:
  • HDMI ARC
  • Phono MM
  • Spotify Connect
  • Tidal Connect
  • Tidal built into WiiM Home App
  • Radio Paradise built into the WiiM Home App
  • Chromecast from Radio Paradise app
  • Line out to V3 Mono amps
  • Sub out to Monoprice subwoofer
  • Room Correction (mainly my own manual settings using REW), alternatively WiiM RC for testing
It's a great device in my book.

I have an Ultra for the most part it works, but that has only been because of multiple tickets sent. I see potential, but is the Ultra not ready for prime time? Should I return it while I still can? 2 days remaining. Don't get me wrong it's a device I really want to keep, but my bugs and the many bugs I see on the forum concern me
You indicate you've submitted tickets but seems you missed an opportunity to tell others what's been bothering you about the Ultra. I've got one and am really enjoying it -- easy to use, has lots of options (like room EQ, multiple inputs, etc.) and it sounds great in my system.

Are there changes I'd like to see? Sure, a few, such as having a fixed background for the clock and better management of the active queue (that's more of a WiiM app issue than an Ultra issue) but I've been impressed with WiiM's willingness to listen to their client base and make changes. That's a lot different from most other audio companies I've dealt with.

My Ultra's not going anywhere.

Last edited:
You indicate you've submitted tickets but seems you missed an opportunity to tell others what's been bothering you about the Ultra. I've got one and am really enjoying it -- easy to use, has lots of options (like room EQ, multiple inputs, etc.) and it sounds great on my system.

Are there changes I'd like to see? Sure, a few, such as having a fixed background for the clock and better management of the active queue (that's more of a WiiM app issue than an Ultra issue) but I've been impressed with WiiM's willingness to listen to their client base and make changes. That's a lot different from most other audio companies I've dealt with.

Mine Ultra's not going anywhere.
You all are correct it does many things well. My issue is the chromecast SDK problem. Having to be put on a older version because the (new and improved?) version doesn't work correctly. For me it won't allow devices to connect to the Ultra. I was bummed at not aptx support but I have a solution to that on my receiver. The many bugs I see reported I guess is my second biggest concern. Feels like early days of a windows pc. But to conclude it does many things well

Only you can answer that. Everyone has different opinion. There’s no such product that’s problem free especially streamer. This is why it’s countless and never ending bug fix till the product become obsolete.

You all are correct it does many things well. My issue is the chromecast SDK problem. Having to be put on a older version because the (new and improved?) version doesn't work correctly. For me it won't allow devices to connect to the Ultra. I was bummed at not aptx support but I have a solution to that on my receiver. The many bugs I see reported I guess is my second biggest concern. Feels like early days of a windows pc. But to conclude it does many things well
Google Cast issues are being worked on. It will take time and not only on WiiM’s part but others.

Topping A90D.
differences in listening , in duration, between the plus and the ultra in digital source?
listening with headphones remains special...but demanding, quite "magnifying"...
(any small tests of peq thanks to the wiim?more functional, in this case headphone, than an "rc" mode which is a really not simple subject... )

Last edited:
Back