About USB key Playlists?

I've just tried two playlists,.
One m3u8 and one m3u with foobar at the root of the USB key... And nothing appears in WiiM Home App.

In my case the one and only massive playlist happens to reside in a folder called /playlists. But that's just by chance, because it's the default in the synchronisation settings MusicBee can manage per device. It shouldn't make a difference.

I would not put it into the wiim_cache folder, for sure.
.m3u files in Playlist folder works just fine for me as well. I have not seen any limitations with regard to number of songs.

You're talking about ultra. It seems to me that you have several WiiMs?
That's right, I do use a 512 GB stick in my Ultra, but did the playlist tests with a 1 TB stick using my Amp, so far.

I don't understand because when I launch a playlist from WiiM Home App, -> USB -> Songs (where all my USB files are contained), only 900 files on 2000 are counted on the Ultra's screen. And some of them (in the end, over the first 900 are never played)
Not quite clear what you mean by "launch a playlist". "Songs" is not a playlist, it's a view on the data created by the media server running on the WiiM device. I also see no way to add the contents of that view to the playing queue, which would be accessible from the Ultra's touchscreen.

At one point you were able to access the files through Home Music Share, is that still the case and can you create playlists that way?

I don't see a reason why you couldn't create playlists based on USB content.
Yes, that's working as intended. But as @Sylvain states it means adding one song at a time, which is not really feasible.

I'm afraid that once I've modified the USB key, WiiM Home App with the penultimate firmware version was displaying errata all over the place. A quick format did nothing... I had to do a slow formatting ... Then 90 minutes to reload my files...
I modified the contents of my USB thumb drives multiple times. All it takes is a rescan initiated from the WiiM Home App. The Ultra should be at least as fast as the Amp, scanning 2000 files should be completed in less than 30 minutes with any reasonably fast stick. All rock solid here, I wouldn't hesitate to modify the content on my USB stick every day if I had to. What's the structure of your file system?

I've just tried two playlists,.
One m3u8 and one m3u with foobar at the root of the USB key... And nothing appears in WiiM Home App.
It might not detect the change automatically. Tap the three dots in the top right corner of the Ultra's music share and hit Rescan Your Music Server.

I've just tested with MiniDLNA:
  • You're able to place the m3u files anywhere within the content directory
  • Relative and absolute paths work
  • Both types of directory separator (/ \) are supported
Whilst it's not the Amp/Ultra I would expect it to work the same.

Last edited:
J'ai modifié le contenu de mes clés USB plusieurs fois. Il suffit d'effectuer une nouvelle analyse à partir de l'application WiiM Home. L'Ultra devrait être au moins aussi rapide que l'Amp, l'analyse de 2000 fichiers devrait être terminée en moins de 30 minutes avec n'importe quelle clé raisonnablement rapide. Tout est solide ici, je n'hésiterais pas à modifier le contenu de ma clé USB tous les jours si je le devais. Quelle est la structure de votre système de fichiers ?

It might not detect the change automatically. Tap the three dots in the top right corner of the Ultra's music share and hit Rescan Your Music Server.
Hello everyone.

Thanks for trying to help me.

Here you go.
1 - I've set up playlists on the root of my USB stick with Foobar. (photo 1,2,3 and I show the structure of my file system )
My key SanDisk 512 go
I tried m3u and m3u8. (the first time, the 'Tout Flac" one)

2 - I've done "Tap the three dots in the top right corner of the Ultra's music share and hit Rescan Your Music Server".
But nothing happened.

3 - I deleted my wiim_cache. Closed Wiim Home. Open it. Scan all my files like a first time.
It took 3 hours for 2000 files !

4 - (Photo 4) - I have a new recognized playlist. But (photo 5). Only 972 songs on about 2000 are counted.

5 - And more (photo 5), when I select the playlist to play on the Ultra, only 502 files are counted.

6 - I tried to put another playlist on the root of my key -> And rescan. Nothing.
I think, I have to delet again wiim_cache... and wait 3 hours again!

Have better day than me :)

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 2.png
    2.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 3.png
    3.png
    72.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
That's not good, indeed.

I suspect a compatibility issue with that USB drive. Which file system did you use when formatting? Personally, I've had success with ex fat, NTFS and FAT32, but maybe some combinations don't get along well.

That's not good, indeed.

I suspect a compatibility issue with that USB drive. Which file system did you use when formatting? Personally, I've had success with ex fat, NTFS and FAT32, but maybe some combinations don't get along well.
I used NTFS, and the key is new.

I've tried with another one. A ssd one : SanDisk Extreme Pro

1 - I put a folder with 293 files on it. And scan. It takes time but I wait less time than the 2000 files. Ok. The scan ok.

2 - I put a m3u playlist on the root. I try an experience, and I delet the 293 files. I load a folder of 40 files. -> After closed the WiiM Home app -" Opened it and Scan, nothing happened as the first USB key.

3 - I delet the wiim_cache (there was error, then I had to repair the key, before delet wiim_cache -as the first key aswell-) .
After it worst. The playlist is reconized, but WiiM Home scan 333 files on my USB key. Even if there is only 40 now.

Of course, I try to play the files I deleted, in WiiM home. Of course, nothing happens (Ultra goes ton the others one until it found the real 40 files).

The same trouble succeed with the first USB key. It's why I had to do a slow format with the first one, to rocover it.

3 - I delet the wiim_cache (there was error, then I had to repair the key, before delet wiim_cache -as the first key aswell-) .
The same trouble succeed with the first USB key. It's why I had to do a slow format with the first one, to rocover it.
Sounds like these errors might be related to the PC then.

Edit:
Thinking about it a little longer, in theory the Ultra could have damaged the file system as well. It's just not that I ever heard of such issues and certainly didn't experience those myself.

I can just recommend you send feedback through the WiiM Home App (not through the webpage) whenever you experience a new erratic behaviour.

Last edited:
Back